What's new

Kool and the Gang :) (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I like the hits OK, I particularly like JONES VS. JONES but what I really like are their instrumentals and not hit cuts. So, I's favor them...

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
I started my Kool collection with -

Kool and the Gang: The Funk Collection
and
Kool and the Gang: Best of 1979-1987.

I like the 70's Funk numbers a lot. Really fantastic stuff. Personal favs at this moment are "Hollywood Swinging" (sampled by Puff Daddy a Mase I think?), "Funky Stuff", "Open sesame" (as heard on the Saturday Night Fever OST, class) "kool It (Here comes the fuzz) this one makes me think of the 70's Starsky and Hutch TV show for some reason, the classic "Jungle Boogie", Get up with the Get down :D and "Summer Madness" which is an amazing chill down track. As for the hits, well I didn't realise they wrote so many classics! "Fresh", "Get Down On It", "Celebration", "Too Hot", "Let's Go Dancin', "Ladies Night", the 80's classic "Cherish" and as mentioned by Dome the fantastic "Joanna".

What a fuckin band. They must be great to see live, certainly at their peak. I'm gonna check out their back catalogue albums now. Any recommendations? I fancy a couple of albums from both the funk and Pop periods. Bring it on. :)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I always thought they were singing: "can't get it up, so go f* yourself.."

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
My Kool & The Gang collection began and ended with "Wild and Peaceful" on vinyl.

I didn't find much that they did after that was on a par with this album. Maybe that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks