What's new

Kong: Skull Island (2017) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Some gore is more gore than others. Starship Troopers has plenty of gore, but none that really hit me hard. Even Logan, didn't hit me that hard, except for the death of the family.

To be clear, "Logan" is waaaay more graphic in its violence than "Kong". Which is logical, since "Logan" is "R" and "Kong" is "PG-13"! :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
To be clear, "Logan" is waaaay more graphic in its violence than "Kong". Which is logical, since "Logan" is "R" and "Kong" is "PG-13"! :)
The violence is Logan didn't hit me that hard because 1) it's way over the top; 2) I perceive it as something that couldn't happen. Same thing with Starship Troopers.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
My complaint about all IMAX 3D glasses is that they are usually very dirty. I know they are put in a rack and "disinfected", but they are usually covered in smudgy finger prints. We always bring a soft cloth to clean them off, or if they are too bad trade them in.
When I worked and we had a 3d film by state law we could not reuse them. Tickets were .50 more and were paper frames. They always were made different 4 each film!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My IMAX glasses are the same weight and thickness as the real3d glasses I get.
The ones in our IMAX theatre are bigger and thicker than the active glasses I have for my home 3D set up. These are returned at the end of the movie when the theatre puts them in a big rack which goes in some type of metal cabinet for disenfection.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Different theaters use different types of IMAX glasses. I've seen at least 4 different kinds of glasses of varying size weight and thickness.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Different theaters use different types of IMAX glasses. I've seen at least 4 different kinds of glasses of varying size weight and thickness.

Indeed. Most of their theaters use polarized projection for 3D, so the lenses on most of the glasses are some form of linear polarization. The AMC theaters with IMAX have their own AMC-branded version, and then there are a few different other ones theaters can try.

The new IMAX laser system uses a dichroic system licensed from Dolby for 3D - there are at least two different versions of those glasses as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the monster-on-monster action, even Brie Larson's quasi-Tomb Raider try-out, but wasn't too engaged with the human visitors to Skull Island.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
'Kong: Skull Island's screenplay is too basic and predictable to equal its awesome visuals and CGI. There was a much better "monster" movie available here, but the screenwriters missed it. Taken strictly as a popcorn flick, it is an okay time at the movies.

The Booth Bijou gives 'Kong: Skull Island' 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Mark

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Watched it tonight. Thanks everyone for tempering my expectations. :)

I found the boneyard scene the most ridiculous with the flash gun going off inside the skull crawler and then Hiddleston's character running through the toxic gas cloud with a respirator (how'd he get that on so fast?) and a samurai sword.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I found the boneyard scene the most ridiculous with the flash gun going off inside the skull crawler and then Hiddleston's character running through the toxic gas cloud with a respirator (how'd he get that on so fast?) and a samurai sword.

I couldn't help but laugh at that sequence.

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
'Kong: Skull Island's screenplay is too basic and predictable to equal its awesome visuals and CGI. There was a much better "monster" movie available here, but the screenwriters missed it. Taken strictly as a popcorn flick, it is an okay time at the movies.

The Booth Bijou gives 'Kong: Skull Island' 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Mark

WOW. You are way too kind to this bad movie !

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Back when the Army had turned me into a highly skilled killing machane (:lol:) I could put on a gas mask pretty quickly. The threat of gas is very incentivizing.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
There was some dumb stuff and some bad lines of dialogue here and there, but I found it to be an enjoyable movie. I thought the cast did well with what they were given and the monster fights were fun. Overall I thought it was better than last years Jurassic World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks