What's new

Kong: Skull Island (2017) (1 Viewer)

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I love that new poster and the trailer looks great too. The Effects are what they are, I just care if the movie is good or not and this looks both fun and exciting. I'm just glad we're getting more giant Monster action on the big screen!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought Jacksons version was perfect. As was the film. This film has a lot to live up to.
I am a fan of Jackson's KK, but perfect it was not. I was slow coming around to the realization, but the pre-skull island portion of the film was far too long. His slow-mo stuff is really distracting.

From the look of the hardware, I am assuming this takes place in the Vietnam War era, right?
Bad Moon Rising is a real clue to that.

I love that new poster and the trailer looks great too. The Effects are what they are, I just care if the movie is good or not and this looks both fun and exciting. I'm just glad we're getting more giant Monster action on the big screen!
Poster is great, love the trailer and I think the effects look good. It looks like they really are trying to do something different here. No traditional dino's for one. Different kinds of monsters, perhaps enough to make me forget the absence of dinosaurs.

The trailer shows only the Skull Island location. Will the movie be confined to the island? While there are females in the move, I saw no obvious Ann Darrow part, perhaps the not in the movie. I'm willing to let them go where the will if they tell a great story with great monsters.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is not supposed to be a King Kong remake. It's a different story with the Kong character/creature.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
This is not supposed to be a King Kong remake. It's a different story with the Kong character/creature.

That's a foregone conclusion since it has already been announced that we're getting "King Kong vs Godzilla" in a few years.

So, presumably, he's not dying at the end of this movie.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'd think they're still working on a lot of the CGI for this, maybe a lot of the shots in the trailer aren't the finished thing. I haven't seen what I'd call bad CGI effects for ages. If you want to see bad (cheap) CGI, just look at some of those made for TV features on the Sci-Fi channel.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to actually see this in a theater! (I rarely go anymore...) I'm walking in expecting a popcorn monster movie and I think it will deliver.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Me too. Makes me chuckle or smile every time.

I initially had no interest in this, but I'm now at the point where I am eagerly anticipating it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oh crap! I'm so ready to see this film!

For those of you who remember the advertising for PJ's King Kong, was Kong so fully revealed before the movie was released?
I haven't seen this trailer (other than in a movie theater, I don't watch trailers in order to avoid spoilers) so I can't compare the two but having just gone through the new Blu-ray, the trailers for Jackson's movie showed Kong up on the Empire State Building smacking a biplane and him fighting the dinosaurs.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Jackson released a DVD box set of the production diaries before his film came out and of the bonus features was the complete Kong vs the T rexes fight scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks