What's new

Kong: Skull Island (2017) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
And speaking of old whippersnappers, im 47, and the ticket agent, who looked about 15, gave me the senior discount. The sign said seniors are 62 and older. I know I have a lot of gray hair already, but come on.

Welcome to the club! I'm 49 and have salt and pepper hair that leans "salt" - I've also gotten the "old man discount" a few times.

I'm a cheapskate, but that's one discount I don't want just yet! :D

Seems like they should tell the ticket sellers to only sell senior tickets when requested. Maybe enough old people have complained they didn't automatically get the discount that they give it to anyone who looks older than 30...

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My beard is totally grey. I die it now because of the vibe I was getting from younger people, who would open the door for me, etc assuming I was far older. Instead of assuming I am my wife's father, I get comments of disbelief and carded when asking for seniors discounts. (Also, it is a good excuse for not losing a lot of weight, because as is well known, "fat pushes out all the wrinkles"!)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I wasn't sure I would like the "skull crawlers" since this was supposed to be an island lost in time. I can buy prehistoric gigantic creatures having existed, but these things have never existed.

Yet I totally bought the hollow earth theory. And the film was so swiftly paced that they just fit right in with all of the other creatures.

Im still smiling a day later thinking about this film. This will definitely be a day one 3d blu purchase for me.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Well I understand that a very small percentage of all the dinosaurs that lived have had their bones discovered, so yes, make up a creature, & it's bound to resemble a creature that actually existed.

Last edited:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I was watching The Zoo on Animal Planet, and watching the kiwis, with two legs and basically no arms or wings reminded me of the skull crawlers. Shit, that name looks stupid when I type it out.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was watching The Zoo on Animal Planet, and watching the kiwis, with two legs and basically no arms or wings reminded me of the skull crawlers. Shit, that name looks stupid when I type it out.
They shoulda had a line in the movie like that. ;);)

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but aren't the skull crawler critters basically a riff on the two-legged snake-lizard thing that appeared (briefly) in the original Kong? I think it was the only creature from the infamous spider-pit sequence to remain in the film.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but aren't the skull crawler critters basically a riff on the two-legged snake-lizard thing that appeared (briefly) in the original Kong? I think it was the only creature from the infamous spider-pit sequence to remain in the film.

Could be. It's been a few years since I've watched the original. I'll have to remedy that this weekend.

I bought the original s.e. DVD tin day one. I loved all the supplements. And Peter Jacksons passion for this film and his amazing recreation of the spider pit sequence made my expectations go through the roof for his remake. Maybe they were too high because I absolutely hated his version and haven't watched the original or the features since.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have been thinking the same thing. Of course they're more agile.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I finally saw this (via the blu-ray I bought in July). I thought it was a fun monster movie, full of the usual thrills and surprises, but nothing particularly fresh or original. I liked Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson, but thought Tom Hiddleston was wasted in a very generic role. For the leading man, he sure didn't have much to do. It was kind of a shame that they didn't use any of Kong's tragic story; he's just a monster. That said, a fun ride in the style of the later Jurassic movies, and easily worth one's time.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This isn't the same Kong we know so the tragic story isn't his. I agree about Huddleston but thought Larson was equally wasted.

I do like the film a bit more than I did originally so theres that. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks