Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: Kong: Skull Island

Tagline: All hail the king

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Jordan Vogt-Roberts

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Brie Larson, Jing Tian, Toby Kebbell, John Ortiz, Corey Hawkins, Jason Mitchell, Shea Whigham, Thomas Mann, Terry Notary, John C. Reilly, Marc Evan Jackson, Eugene Cordero, Miyavi, Will Brittain, Richard Jenkins, Allyn Rachel, Robert Taylor, James M. Connor, Thomas Middleditch, Brady Novak, Peter Karinen, Brian Sacca, Joshua Funk, Daniel F. Malone, Glenn Kiwi Hall, Garreth Hadfield, Shannon Brimelow, Jon Quested, Korey Williams, Dat Phan, Cynthy Wu, Beth Kennedy, Bryan Chojnowski, Nick Robinson, Kevin Kent

Release: 2017-03-08

Runtime: 118

Plot: Explore the mysterious and dangerous home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island.

Pic from Kong: Skull Island. Article and pic at ew.com. Movie is set in the 1970's, and will feature the biggest Kong yet on film.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/15/kong-skull-island-director-biggest-kong

kong-1.jpg

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Looking forward to it. They of course had to size Kong up for this incarnation once they planned to have him eventually face off with Godzilla 2014.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm intrigued by this. I happen to have liked Peter Jackson's King Kong from 2005, and think this concept keeps it fresh.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Can't wait to see this. I also loved Jacksons King Kong. For that matter I loved the '76 Kong too. ;)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'm a big fan of the original film and Jackson's film, but I'm glad the latter is its own thing and not being tied in to this new series. This needs to be more in the Kong as monster/villain vein, and Jackson's Kong is way to sympathetic to pull that off. And Jackson's Kong trying to fight the Big G would be like a cat attacking an NBA player.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Jackson's Kong could take down the Big G easily with nothing more than a healthy dose of its own overindulgence. ;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And apparently this Kong stands upright. Not sure I like that.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big fan of the original film and Jackson's film, but I'm glad the latter is its own thing and not being tied in to this new series. This needs to be more in the Kong as monster/villain vein, and Jackson's Kong is way to sympathetic to pull that off. And Jackson's Kong trying to fight the Big G would be like a cat attacking an NBA player.

I'm not too sure of that. Jackson's Kong faced off against three "upsized" T-REX's at the same time -- and he was "juggling" Ann Darrow in one arm while he was fighting them off!! I think he'd be a worthy advisory for the "Big G".

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks