What's new

Konami Announces Silent Hill 3! And New Contra Games! (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Today Konami annouced.

PlayStation 2

Winning Eleven game

Suikoden III

Silent Hill 3

Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side

Contra game

Game Boy Advance

Winning Eleven game

Castlevania: White Night Concerto

Contra game

GameCube

Winning Eleven game

the best thing is the news of Silent Hill 3! Can't wait to see what they come up with this time.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I may be in the minority but I really disliked Silent Hill 2. It was SO slow and boring. I absolutely LOVED the first Silent Hill on the PSX though. I hope they can make it more like the first one. I really wanted to like the sequel but it just didn't do it for me.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I may be in the minority but I really disliked Silent Hill 2. It was SO slow and boring.
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D Just kidding. Everyone here pretty much knows my feelings on Silent Hill 2 (ie I loved every minute of it). I really look forward to seeing what they do with 3. If it is remotely as good as 2 I'll be a busy boy upon its release. (Now if only there were screenshots I'd be a million times more excited!)

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
My only hope is that they include more enemies in SH3. SH2 had fewer than SH...but I loved the game anyway :)
Aaron

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
well dave your not quite in the minority.. i liked silent hill 2.. but not nearly as much as the first one. personally i'd like to see harry from the first game back. i would really like to know what the hell happened with him and his daughter and cybil. i didn't find the second installment boring per say.. it just didn't keep me interested much. i only beat the game once. i got the water ending and i just haven't had the drive to play it again.. where as the first.. i had to have beaten at least five times.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
quote...

"Contra Game"

That's kinda vague, is this a new Contra game or a remake of the old classic? Personally, I would love to have the old version redone.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
I may be in the minority but I really disliked Silent Hill 2. It was SO slow and boring.
For a horror game I found this quite refreshing... a deliberately stalled pace that I thought built up atmosphere and tension, especially with the lights turned off and the surround sound cranking...

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Of course the other announcement to be excited about is Castlevania White Night Concerto. This is looking to be THE Castlevania game we Drac-addicts have been waiting for. If only Konami would release the damnable thing onto a next generation console
So true....Oh and Romier you want to get in with me on the two for one greyhound special to Silent Hill, cause I'll be there on launch day.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed every aspect of Silent Hill 2 and can't wait for 3. I just hope its as creepy and twisted.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a great list of games, Konami.

I'll be in line for Silent Hill 3 as well.

I hope Contra is not being done by the people who worked on the PSX games. I'd be thrilled if it was a 2D shoot 'em up.

Perhaps that's what the GBA version of Contra will be.

White Night Concerto is looking pretty damn cool so far as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks