What's new

kojak season 2 (1 Viewer)

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
back in 2003 universal released the first season of kojak but just because of a remake of it on usa which turned out to be a flop what taking them so long

to release season 2 out

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I want to start a Kojak collection but won't do it unless Universal releases Season 2 with the pilot, The Marcus Nelson Murders. I don't want to have to deal with DVD-18s anymore anyway.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I was also hoping that Universal would release more Kojak on DVD.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just done a forum search and this seemed to be the most recently posted-in thread for Kojak. Some news on the second AND third seasons. A new news article was posted on DVD Times today, with news on several TV and film titles for Region 2 release. Kojak is mentioned partway down the page. The URL link to the news article is below:

TV and film releases on Region 2 in March and April - DVD Times news article

The second and third seasons of Kojak are being released on Region 2 on Monday 26th April. I've never heard of Mediumrare Entertainment. Has anyone else heard of them?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Checked on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com and they both have pre-order links for the Season 2 and Season 3 sets. Play.com has front cover artwork for both sets as well.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly /forum/thread/270582/kojak-season-2#post_3661864
Glad I have a region free dvd player!!!!
Guess it is time that I get one. I have been waiting for Kojak season 2 for years.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The source for the information in the post below is the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) website:

Two new listings were added to the BBFC's DVD recent decisions section today, one for the second season of Kojak, and the other for the third season. Both have been given a 15 certificate. The 25 second season episodes all have a running time of over 48 minutes. Looking at the BBFC page for the second season of Kojak there is one DVD extra - a stills gallery on disc 6. Most of the 24 episodes in the third season have a running time between 47 and 48 minutes with the exception of the following episodes:

A Question of Answers - 45 minutes and 42 seconds
A Question of Answers - 51 minutes and 33 seconds
Be Careful What You Pray For - almost 47 minutes.

The only DVD extra in the third season set is a stills photo gallery.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna hold off on this one. At the rate Shout Factory has been picking up abandoned shows, you never know what they might go after next.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
How about Green Acres Seasons 4-6 & Season 3 of The Flying Nun?

Stay away from the R2 Kojak. I got it today and the prints are tame, marginally better than my SLP VHS copies I taped off of local tv. I've been looking for a webpage for Mediumrare Entertainment so I can send them a strongly worded e-mail but no luck so far.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
I'll second Delmo's unfortunate discovery. There is a disclaimer on the box, which is repeated when the discs load regarding the age of the show, and how that might affect the apperance of the show despite Mediumrare's efforts. Mediumrare's efforts seem to have been taping the show on VHS 25 years ago and tranferring those tapes to disc. The episodes are soft, grainy, and washed out. A very poor effort. Discs 1&6 in both of the sets were dislodged from the hub during shipping and were scratched in the process. The only positive that I can offer is that the episodes are uncut (though I haven't watched them all yet).

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Hmmm sound more like a bad boot leg company by the sounds of god awful quality . Really the universal s1 set wasn't that bad just on flippers.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you so much. I was just about to order that set and I really appreciate you saving me the money!

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget that Kojak seasons 2 and 3 are out in Australia too vis the company Shock. It's a shame that its not Madman, considering their excellent work re McCloud in finding the original versions of the 1st season eps.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Simon, I'd say it's a reasonable guess that the Australian releases use the same masters as the UK releases.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
Todd

I wouldn't be too sure that Madman with use the same masters as the UK release. When they released the complete Danger Man (Secret Agent in the US) they used different transfers from both the r1 and r2 releases. As Madman is on this forum, perhaps we should ask them?

Best

ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks