What's new

Kodak picture Discs & DVD-player (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
In order to make use of the pictures on a Kodak picture discs, (the type you get back from developing when checking picture disc box).

What player feature/name/formate dose a DVD player have to have to play these still shots?
--->DVD/Video?
I'm just guessing & wrong likely!

Are there players that definitly are capable of showing these picture discs?

The newest Pioneer #AV-563A?, I belive mentions something about (digital picture slide show feature).....

This is a whole new area for me, (picture discs) so go easy... :b

Thanks
Geoff

Sathyan

Second Unit
ok, since no one else has responded...

"Kodak Picture CD" is the phrase to look for. If Kodak is mentioned anywhere on a DVD player it for this feature. This is different from JPEG playback. And Kodak Photo CD is yet another product. Download the user manual it will be listed in there

maybe the Pio 563 and the Panny S55 have this, I think many of the really cheap players by Apex and Mintek do (the 1600 definitely does).

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.p...Submit2=Search

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Sathyan

Thank you for clearing this up for me and possibly others....

Your information and links are very much appreciated...!

Regards
Geoff

Dan_Fitz

Grip
I have a mintek 1600
I got it at best buy for $50. It plays this format no problems. Tried it out my self.

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
Today at Best Buy, while browsing for a DVD/VCR combo unit, I noticed a mid-sized (approx. 10" wide x 2'high) silver dvd player that had the "Kodak Photo CD" logo on it. I really didn't pay attention to the manufacuer. But the Kodak Photo CD logo caught my eye. Haven't seen that since kodak had their own line of players years ago! Hope this helps.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Kenny,

As previously mentioned, the Kodak "Picture CD" and "Photo CD" are two very different formats. What they used to make many years ago (and still do at a professional level) was "Photo CD". The current format that you can get when you drop off your film at a grocery store is "Picture CD". The older "Photo CD" is a far superior format (orders of magnitude better) and is not compatible with "Picture CD".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks