Kodak LS433

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Oops, typo-ed the title, it should read LS443

How good is the Kodak LS443 "easyshare" digicam?

Interested in it because I have a friend who could get me a discount on Kodak brand. I have an older DC280 2.1MP camera. I'm interested in the LS443 cause it has a 3x optical zoom, a lithium battery (good for winter hiking) and seems to have a nice quality lens on for a P-S camera.

My DC280 uses CF cards whereas the LS443 uses MMC/SD and has 16MB of internal RAM. Anybody try one?

I don't need the 4MP quality, I hardly print larger than 4x6 , but the features seemed better and the lens is better than the DV4330 I was also considering..

I would mainly use this for outdoor landscapes and stuff..

Jay

2. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Here is a review.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ko...iew/index.html

It looks like the 443 has some problems with image quality and color saturation. Check out the comparison picture between it and the CoolPix 4300. The 443 images look VERY blurry.

I have the DC280 myself and am looking for a new camera. I have been thinking of moving to the Olympus C-4000.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks for the link, I dug up that link in my bookmarks after.

Check out the Canon S45 or S40/S30, been considering them because they use CF cards so I wouldn't have to buy more. The S45 looks real nice and cheaper than the G3, but I don't really need the pixels. So I'm trying to compare the S40/S30 and S45 models a bit. Of course, this would defeat my savings from my friend though!

Jay

4. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

The G3 is just more of the professional model Jay and also has options to add lenses, wide angle lenses, telephoto lenses etc. The S40 (45 is replacing) is one of the higher rated 4mp cameras on the market right now.

KyleS