What's new

KoA announces: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix! (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Ok, so I might be the only one here excited about this, but today Konami is to announce a new DDR game, hopefully built off of either the 5th Mix engine or the 6th Mix MAX engine. Unfortunately it will still be PSOne, but it will be USA exclusive. It is said to be a title that will bridge the US versions of DDR up to and a bit beyond the Japan versions.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I'm extremely excited about this. Over 50 songs! The first USA edition is said to be terrible, but I've been enjoying it like crazy for months, so I'm sure this one will blow me away. (I'm hoping for 60 fps arrows.)
I'm very pleased that's it's still PSOne since I have my old Playstation set aside exclusively for this game. It's set up in my basement with a receiver, subwoofer, and two redoctane.com pads. :D
If you've never played or heard of this game, it is worth your while to seek it out and try it. Go to www.ddrfreak.com to learn about it and BUY THIS GAME when it is released on April 23rd. (And don't think about playing without the pad.)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

I would highly recommend you pay the $60 now and import Dance Dance Revolution 5th MIX....that will show you how great DDR can really be. I too am really excited about the new DDR Konamix title. Oh and mod those Red Octane pads if you haven't already!

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I was on the verge of importing when Konamix was announced. I might still, but now I think I'll wait to see the song list etcetera before I do anything. And the pads are modded pretty thoroughly, primarily because I don't like playing in socks.

I'm vaguely aware of DDR's potential having played 3rd Mix in the arcade and from import shopping, but it's a testament to the game's concept that I can be entertained by the worst version for so long. It's running out of difficulty now, though, except for the hardest doubles.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You guys ever been to Chinatown Fair in NYC? They are killer at DDR. I went there a couple times for Tekken touraments and I saw middle schoolers tearing it up. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks