KnuKonceptz Cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MarkS, Nov 24, 2001.

1. MarkS

MarkS Agent

Looking to replace my "original" Monster speaker cables as they are old and heavily oxidized. Not sure that is affecting the sound, but cosmetically they are almost all black...
    Found a company called knukonceptz.com on eBay, but could not find any user experiences here on HT forum or audioreview.com.
    They have two items of interest, 10-gauge OFC speaker cable at $.70/ft (read: bargain) and also some nice screw-on banana connectors for $8 for 4. Links follow. On paper at least, this combination looks like a great way to upgrade at a reasonable price!
    Would like to hear any real world user feedback/experience with this company and cables. Bonus points if you upgraded from Monster cables...
    Many thanks!
    -mbs
    Cable Link
    Connector Link

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Well, I'm not sure how much my opinion will matter to you as I have never had Monster cable and never buy things from ebay. [​IMG]
    But you can get a better deal on the speaker wire from www.partsexpress.com
    10awg wire of 100ft for $60 or 12awg wire $30 for 100ft. That is much cheaper than KnuKonceptz wire. Better? Heck if I know but I can't imagine one really having the upper hand so I would choose the cheaper.
    I do like the looks of those Bannan plugs though. They make for a nice looking "finished" cable.
    I say try them out and let us know![​IMG]
    Dan Hine

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

what difference do you think 10 gauge will offer you over the 12?

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

"what difference do you think 10 gauge will offer you over the 12?"

Just curious Chu... What does this have to with the original question?

-Chip

5. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

6. Nick G

Nick G Stunt Coordinator

......what difference do you think 10 gauge will offer you over the 12?...............

No difference in the sound quality, if that is what you are asking.

Nick

7. MarkS

MarkS Agent

Guys -

The issue isn't whether I will hear a difference between 10 gauge or 12 gauge speaker cable. I know I won't.

The question is if I can upgrade my current cables to something that is a heavier gauge for less money than what I paid for Monster cable - why not go for it?

I am a strong believer on diminishing returns when it comes to cables. I have upgraded all my cables from the standard garbola - it's a mix of Monster, RCA brand (Monster-like from partsexpress.com)and IXOS (although I saw some nice Liberty cables on onecall.com...hmmm). I can't see spending more than $1 or so a foot for speaker cable. Sure you can pay much, much more, but the return on investment I believe is marginal.

That's my opinion, it is not a knock on those who have spent more. I have a mortgage, two kids and a wife that likes to shop. If I could afford better I might spend a bit more, but not THAT much more.

I appreciate the replies, advice and feedback so far. But getting back to the original question, has anybody used KnuKoncepts speaker cable?

-mbs

8. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Mark, I've sent you a private message.

Dan Hine