What's new

Knu Konceptz (1 Viewer)

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have experience with the Knu Konceptz componenet video cable? They are a web-based cable manufacturer that are highly regarded in the car audio market.

Here's a link to their component cable:
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDe...prodID=eKs-KV1
It certainly looks nice, and here's the specs:
Description: eKs Kable - Finally an affordable high end home theater kable. Solid core 22awg 75 Ohm Silver Plated copper cable featuring LDPE dielectric and direction indicators. This 1 Meter Kable (39") is over 14mm OD! Also included is our new, 24 Kt gold plated, Kompression LoK RCA ends with every eKs series Kable. KnuKonceptz newest flagship kable features a three year warranty and a stunning exterior finish. The cable is pearl white with black nylon tubing with eKs accents. Looking for the best, look no further......

I think I will be going with the 2M version of this, just looking for the best bargain online as Mosnter stuff at the big box stores is two to three times this price.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well you know, if you were to source out places that used compression RCA fittings, they'd get a little expensive. It's not a bad price considering that and they look reasonably attractive if that's your thing. If those factors aren't important to you, then their other line would work equally well.

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply.

I am not that excited by the attractiveness, just wondering whether this is a good buy or not. If their $24 Krystal Komponent cable will do just fine, I'll gladly save the money...
Basically, I just want to know if an equivalent to either cable can be bought for less. Monster always seems os overpriced.

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
I have an 8 gauge KnuKonceptz wiring kit for my car amp. It only cost $23 shipped and came with everything I needed to install the amp. The wiring is of very good quality, same as other amp kits by RF and Monster that go for around $60. Based on their car audio cable I can say that their HT cable will be quality as well, I actually made a post on this forum a while back about them. I think that their cables are fairly priced and are much better than Monster. I am not going to get into a debate about whither or not you will notice a difference, but if you are looking for a quality, reasonably priced component cable I say go for it. When I need some new cabled I will probably be buying a few from them.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It's got to be put into perspective Robin. With the one you mentioned, you're getting two basic things: the locking RCA's and the silver over copper on the conductors. If you were to compare those two particular features, you'd find that the KnuKonceptz comes out way better on price. The silver over copper isn't a big thing and various correspondance I've had with manufacturers of coax wire have indicated that its primary purpose is to prevent/minimize surface oxidation of the copper. Now while its highly debateable, and I do mean highly debateable, that this can result in an improvement in picture quality over the lengths you're looking at, it nonetheless does a bit of extra cost to the wire. Personally, I think it represents a nice value so just be sure on the length you need.

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I am only looing at a 2M cable, so would the Krystal stuff also be a good buy. Knu Konceptz claims its equivalent to Monster 3, and its only $24, which is a great price.

Sam Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
all my bananas / wire are knu konceptz. I really love them. They are fast as hell, very friendly, and have a great service history track (check em on ebay, like a million positive feedback comments). I'd highly suggest them, I am a repeat customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks