What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm sure they are all aware of the mobile usability options that are needed and that's one of the reasons they jumped from Huddler in my option.They need to get the basic operations in working order before they start working on bigger things.Jeez they just switched over a week or so ago and that took a week to get up and online.Seems that that would have made it obvious that this isn't going to be a quick start to the new software.Not specifically directed to you but a few people who are already saying things like I may not come back here if things don't get working right away.They are trying to get things working the right way not the quick fix way.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Tony, I've also heard from folks who have abandoned the site and claim they have found other forums they enjoy more. Personally I don't get that, but maybe people got frustrated with the time it was offline. No one has any patience anymore and I'm just as guilty of that as the next person, I suppose, but this culture of instant delete and disposable loyalty troubles me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That's too bad for them I suppose.I guess if you don't mind all the snark that goes on in the other forums then good for the leavers.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Professor Echo said:
I was speaking in general about how the paradigm is changing and that perfecting a potentially outdated model before the next generation's preferred model may not be the right course for any site these days. I'm 54 years old and even I do most of my computer work on mobile devices these days, not a desk or laptop.
And then again some of us dislike mobile versions of sites and have high rez screens so we don't have to use them... It's all down to preference.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Every other forum I've looked at for general HT is like a snake pit lol. I only regularly visit one other forum that is dedicated to Criterion which is a big interest for me, but other than that this place is it. I stick with this place no matter what, because its quality.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
I stick with this place no matter what, because its quality.
Thanks, Moe.

It's kinda like what Spencer Tracy said about Katherine Hepburn in Pat & Mike: Not much meat on her, but what's there is choice.

00716.jpg

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I can't figure out how to insert trailers from Youtube. I don't see that option on the toolbar anymore.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
There's another forum I lurk at for info on sales and such, but the levels of idiocy and profanity there are a real turn off. A few software hiccups in the short term won't make me abandon HTF.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Now and then, one does have to get one's hands dirty and get in the snake pits, ;) but yeah, HTF is the best (overall) of its kind by far and is the only one I actively participate as a regular.

Cheers!

_Man_

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I have been logged in using my email address. I logged out so I could try logging in with my user name. Since then I have been unable view any new content. When I click on the View New Content button, all I get is a message that states: Sorry, no new content found. Then I tried to sign in with my email. Same result.
I'm out of the loop. Please help.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
When you're on the New Content page, what do you have selected on the left menu under "By Time Period?"

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
When you're using New Content - there are a few things to keep in mind.First - ensure you're selecting Forums as the content type, then ensure your time period is correct - I use either "Content I have not read" or "Past 24 hours".
Finally - ensure that the Other filters below are all off. See screenshot:

cif.png

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is there a plan to add a "Follow this Topic" button to the bottom of thread pages? It's a bit inconvenient having to scroll back up to the top.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
DavidJ said:
Is there a plan to add a "Follow this Topic" button to the bottom of thread pages? It's a bit inconvenient having to scroll back up to the top.
Not at this time. You can subscribe by using the button at the top, or by replying to a thread (if you are set to auto subscribe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks