What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I would agree with post 215 by Sam Poston that a clearer name would be "All Posts" rather than "Find Contents". Also when one clicks post the first line should be something like "The last few posts". I have also found for "Ken Horowitz" who has Active Posts 40 and was last on HTF "Last Active Mar 31 2013 02:50 AM" and thai by clicking Posts, one gets "There are no posts to display" ???????
Appreciate the feedback on the rename, but we won't be changing the name for the time being. As to not seeing any content, but default to keep things relevant search only displays results for the past year. This includes content in profiles. If you want to see additional or earlier content you will need to do an advanced search (the gear to the right of the search box). When I searched on his name in the author box and picked an earlier search date I found them. I will look into what changing this will do to search times.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Adam Gregorich said:
It was recently removed from the menu to make room for some new items we added. You can still use the search box to search for any member profile or bookmark this link: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/members/
It looks like plenty of room in the menu. This link ought to be put in somewhere . I think it does more than just in the search menu

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Adam Gregorich said:
Appreciate the feedback on the rename, but we won't be changing the name for the time being. As to not seeing any content, but default to keep things relevant search only displays results for the past year. This includes content in profiles. If you want to see additional or earlier content you will need to do an advanced search (the gear to the right of the search box). When I searched on his name in the author box and picked an earlier search date I found them. I will look into what changing this will do to search times.
Thanks for the reply Adam. I get that resources for this are scarce but I would like to see someone take a step back and approach this from a fresh angle. The way it is set right now you need to be an expert in how HTF does things as opposed to how the rest of the world has worked since forums began.

If I am searching a member and click on their posts it should give me a list of all their posts, not limited to 5 or to a year back or whatever. This is especially true for looking up (I hate to say it!) deceased or lapsed users. Often when someone brings up a "whatever happened to Joe" type thread I like to see what they were discussing before they disappeared. I also like to pull up old content by folks like RAF to remind me of why I joined HTF in the first place and because simply much of RAF's advice and comments are timeless. As is his enthusiasm.

I get that there are ways around what I am asking but A. I would never have known about them had I not posted here and I'm sure the vast majority of users are unaware of them and B. It's simply wonky to begin with.

Thanks for your consideration.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We can make some customizations but there is a core way that things work, some of which we can change, some of which we can't. We have been getting a lot of things done over the last week. Some are obvious, others not so much, and we still have a few busy weeks ahead. You are going to avoid seeing a lot of customizations like that as we are a few months away from a potential major platform refresh and those tend to go a lot smoother when you have made fewer customizations to the core software.

I did extend displayed posts in profile for an extra year. If it doesn't seem to have an impact I may extend it further.

I think we should make some 1 minute "how to" videos showing how to do things that you aren't sure how to do or that took some time to figure out. If you (or anyone else) have any suggestions of what you would like to include please let me know.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Awesome, thanks. Just like to note that if this is the worst issue I have with the migration you are ahead by a million miles. Search is important to me and the HTF search is already better than huddler by a factor of five, but I also click through and see individual posters history quite a bit. As noted, you've provided me with a useful workaround and that's great, everything beyond that is gravy. But I'd be remiss if I didn't make those request to try to guide HTF to being even better.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
New item:

Just noticed that one of my "Friends" is online at HTF. Interesting in that:

A. I don't ever remember making a list of friends
B. I don't ever remember agreeing to be on someone else's list of friends.

Can you run this through for me, do I just not remember agreeing to be on such a list or did someone unilaterally add me as a Friend and I didn't know it.

Not a big deal, I'm more curious than anything. Also, sad panda, I have no friends =( Well, except that one!

David Ortiz

Auditioning
Sam Posten said:
...or did someone unilaterally add me as a Friend and I didn't know it.
approvefriends.jpg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Right ok I got ya there Mike. I have two friends. One is Parker and I can envision a world in which I accepted a friend invite from him. The other person I have no clue on unless it's someone who changed their name recently. I can't imagine accepting a friend request from them unless they are someone I really know. I know for a fact I did not invite them to be my friend, unless I did so under heavy sedation or if my cat sent it.

So my question remains, can someone add me as a friend without me accepting?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I received about fifty email notices overnight for posts as far back as 15 days ago on posts that I have previously been notified about and read.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My plan exactly. I think, really, the only thing it does is allow you to see how many of your friends are online when you are (the third indicator button on the VERY top of any page--left of your UserID).

Not sure how else they come into play.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
TonyD said:
I received about fifty email notices overnight for posts as far back as 15 days ago on posts that I have previously been notified about and read.
Ditto.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I don`t know if is an issue of the change but I can't find the unofficial film of Bond "Never Say Never Again". Can not find it on the search???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks