What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sumner: here's the response from our software team.

The Automatic detection of DST may not always work for a couple of reasons. One is that some areas don't use DST. Another is that some browsers may block DST auto-detection. They suggest if it's not working for individuals to set it manually in their user settings. There will be a new version of the software coming in a few months which might improve this feature.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
As you have suggested . I have stated that I am in summer time and the time seems to state the truth. Has no one in england or europe noted this problem or do they not really care?

As a (retired) programmer If I see something not right I will mention it.

I haven't tried to insert a post on a non-last page because I think it will change post-number after it which I think is bad. I suspect my "wrong" post number might have been caused by that. If one adds a new post it should ALWAYS be on the current last page of the thread.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sumnernor said:
As you have suggested . I have stated that I am in summer time and the time seems to state the truth. Has no one in england or europe noted this problem or do they not reakky care?

As a (retired) programmer If I see something not right I will mention it.

I haven't tried to insert a post on a non-lst page because I think it will change post-number after it which I think is bad. I suspect my "wrong" post number might have been caused by that. If one adds a new post it should ALWAYS be on the current last page of the thread.
You needn't worry about that. The clock function only impacts what you "see" on the forum. Not what you "post" on the forum. In other words, whenever you make a post, I "see" it at the time that is set in my settings. Nothing to do with when your clock is sset on the HTF software.

Post with impunity.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Let me ask this question again: Can I only see a user's last two or three posts under their profile now? That seems really sucky if so. Especially with new users I need to see all of their posts before reporting them for spamming... This was the issue I ran into with the user who died and I wanted to see their posts and it was explained to me that it was a limitation because they hadn't posted since the move, but it seems like I can't see anyones posts except lastest few. Even on huddler I could see months back of a users post history....

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Off topic...but has the dedicated forum for "A Few Words About..." by Robert Harris disappeared or been merged w/ all blu ray reviews? I had subscribed to that forum and saved as a favorite....now its gone as of yesterday.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Is it just me or is the mobile site flaking out again? Can't seem to navigate to any forum thread posts w/out erroring out (HTTP Error 500). I'm using the latest version of mobile Chrome on Samsung GS3 running their latest version of Android 4.1.2.

Thanks.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have a gs3 too but find that the regular site works and looks better then the mobile site.Why are you not using the regular HTF?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I know that starting this morning, I have been unable to view any posts on my Iphone (I have a 3gs). I go into New Content, select a thread, and get a blank screen. I've tried refreshing, but still a blank screen.

The list of threads under New Content seems to be OK. But actually going into a thread - not working.

I also select 'Full Version', but got the same result this morning (although I think it is working now).

At first I thought it might be Cell reception (I'm on 3G), but I am getting the same results over wifi - both at work and at home.

David

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
atfree said:
Off topic...but has the dedicated forum for "A Few Words About..." by Robert Harris disappeared or been merged w/ all blu ray reviews? I had subscribed to that forum and saved as a favorite....now its gone as of yesterday.
If you want to read more on this subject..see this thread. I focused in on the very problem about subscribing to the sub-forum. Things have been changed.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sam Posten said:
Let me ask this question again: Can I only see a user's last two or three posts under their profile now? That seems really sucky if so. Especially with new users I need to see all of their posts before reporting them for spamming... This was the issue I ran into with the user who died and I wanted to see their posts and it was explained to me that it was a limitation because they hadn't posted since the move, but it seems like I can't see anyones posts except lastest few. Even on huddler I could see months back of a users post history....
Yes and no. You see their 5 most recent posts or topics started, but right above the list of posts/topics is a button that says "find content". Clicking on that will give you what you are looking for.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
ManW_TheUncool said:
Is it just me or is the mobile site flaking out again? Can't seem to navigate to any forum thread posts w/out erroring out (HTTP Error 500). I'm using the latest version of mobile Chrome on Samsung GS3 running their latest version of Android 4.1.2.

Thanks.

_Man_
We just loaded a new version of SW let me look

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Adam Gregorich said:
Yes and no. You see their 5 most recent posts or topics started, but right above the list of posts/topics is a button that says "find content". Clicking on that will give you what you are looking for.
OK, then I'd like to request "Find Content" be relabeled to "All posts" cause I never woulda guessed that. No other forum software uses that terminology that I have seen...

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Adam Gregorich said:
I tried this and I don't see "Find Content"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sumnernor said:
I tried this and I don't see "Find Content"
Click on a member's profile page. Click on "Posts" in the left-hand column. You'll see their most recent five posts. Just above those posts are three buttons. The far right-hand button is "Find Content."

You can also do this more easily by hovering your cursor over a member's name next to a post. There you will see their status card which includes the same "Find Content" button.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I would agree with post 215 by Sam Poston that a clearer name would be "All Posts" rather than "Find Contents". Also when one clicks post the first line should be something like "The last few posts".

I have also found for "Ken Horowitz" who has Active Posts 40 and was last on HTF "Last Active Mar 31 2013 02:50 AM" and thai by clicking Posts, one gets "There are no posts to display" ???????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks