Know of a swap zone for unwanted Hi-Rez discs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by TrevorS, Nov 10, 2003.

1. TrevorS

TrevorS Stunt Coordinator

Hi, all

This may seem a little off the wall, but I just last week stepped into the world of Hi-Rez listening and am discovering it's not that hard to end up with recordings that aren't quite my cup of tea. (e.g. Anybody interested in a copy of Vivian Green "A Love Story"?) I was wondering if anyone knows of good places to inform people of recordings that are looking for a good home.

Thanks -- Trevor [​IMG]

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    How's this going to work when damn near everybody wants rid of Vivien Green?[​IMG]

3. TrevorS

Oh, no! Really?

I got sucked in by a very positive review, but I'm learning very fast not to believe the reviewers. Oh, well, that's just one title, and there are always others. In any case, I gather you are having the same problem.

Trevor [​IMG]

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I don't really want to sell mine but it's not on my "A list"! I might put it in the changer with some other jazz/R & B oriented titles from time to time and hit shuffle...? That's what I did last time I played it anyway. I think it's rather lacklustre too, well, very average is more my opinion. IMO, no great writing nor any really great "fiddlin'" either. Imagine, Vivien Green-Bay! Best wishes![​IMG]

5. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

6. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    TrevorS:

I don't know of any site/store, but will chime in should I learn of a candidate other than the usual suspect (eBay).

Where are you located? Did any Wherehouse stores survive their recent restructuring/downsizing and remain open near you? They've been fairly good for me over the years for buying and selling pre-owned CDs and, more recently, DVDs, what with their computerized valuation system (instead of seemingly capricious clerks' discretion). But at last check, they are not selling hi rez, so I doubt they'll be buying pre-owned DVD-As or SACDs. I'll find out soon enough as I'll be swinging by there to (attempt to) sell some early UMG SACDs for which DVD-As are skedded to street in Nov. and Dec.

Paul

7. TrevorS

Hi, Tom

Thanks for the suggestion. That at least provides some end-user reviews of SACD. I could do with end-user DVD_A info as well.

Hi, Paul

Thanks also. I looked up their net site and found their nearest store is roughly mid New Jersey. The say they do music and DVD so maybe hi-rez will filter in (having hi-rez sales take-off would probably help). I'll have to look into it via email. (I'm in Delaware.)

Thanks both -- Trevor [​IMG]

8. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Bump.

Another thing, Trevor, is to try Wherehouse.com and/or Spun.com. Both stores are click 'n' mortars selling and buying new and used product both in their stores and online.

-p

9. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Try the classifieds at audioasylum.com or audiogon.com.