Know it's early but does anyone have any rumors or anything about 'Freddy vs. Jason'?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Travis_W, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I'm really excited about this DVD when it comes out and I just wanted to know if anyone had heard any rumors or anything that could hint at a street date, etc.

I don't usually get this jazzed up about a DVD when the film has only been out for a month but I'm desperate, for some reason I really liked this one and it became my favorite of the summer.

2. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

Robert Englund said in an interview a couple weeks ago that an alternate ending will be included on the DVD. I'm sure there will be a handful of other deleted scenes too.

3. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Supposedly there are 2 alternate endings.

I'm hoping for a longer cut of the film. Ronny Yu stated that New Line cut down his version by about 45 minutes. It supposedly corrected many of the plot holes in the film. It would have been interesting to see. (the van trip seems like an hour in the movie, but it's explained that it was like an 8 hour trip in the longer version)

4. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Yeah, Yu said there were 45 minutes he cut due to test screening reaction, and the writers were upset with him due to the fact that it was all character development that had been cut. I remember Englund stating in one of the various interviews I read that it would be a Platinum Edition, though I figure they would go with Infinifilm.

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

I wondered why it seemed like they were pumping the tranq into Jason every 5 minutes. [​IMG]

6. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

The idea was that just one of those could take down a whole town for hours. They needed one for Jason every hour or so.

I pray they release this in an extended version with seamless branching. The movie could have used tons more character development.