KNow everything about Bob Dylan & want to prove it? (re: Don't Look Back)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Raffey, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Tim Raffey

Tim Raffey Stunt Coordinator

It's been bugging me for a while, but does anyone know what song Dylan is playing (writing) in chapter 8 of the Don't Look Back DVD (right after he trips out on all the crazy 60s euro-guitars)? He plays the song in part a couple times later in the film, and it's also the music on the main menu, but I still can't figure out what it is (it's not listed in the booklet, unlike every other song played in the movie, if I'm not mistaken). I quite like it & wish I knew what on earth it was. Thanks.

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

I have no idea, but it's a terribly interesting question!
    I even found two Usenet postings where the question is asked but never answered:
    I also tried listening to the lyrics and searching for snippets on the web. Didn't find anything.
    On the audio commentary, Pennebaker talks about how Bob is writing "the song" but never mentions what it is.
    We must find the answer!

3. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

4. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

P.S. Since I answered your question the best it can probably be answered, can I be a bit snooty?
    It's Dont Look Back -- no apostrophe. [​IMG]

5. Tim Raffey

Tim Raffey Stunt Coordinator

Snootiness accepted, but I'm a little shocked by the "Like a Rolling Stone" theory (which is I guess all it'll ever be). And, while I like "'Rolling Stone" quite a bit, I want a recording of that piano piece, damnit. Even if it's got humming as opposed to lyrics.

Thanks for the reply, though.