What's new

Knothole Island DLC now available for Fable 2 (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
XBox Live started offering downloadable content (both a free and a paid - 800 points - expansion pack) for Fable 2 known as Knothole Island. As I understand it, the free version simply adds the Island to the world of Fable without the quests but I can't verify that because I purchased the premium version. I found Knothole Island to be an inventive addition to an already extremely enjoyable game! A lot of new twists and implements in the paid version.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Now if I could only come up with some "Royal Purple Dye" and two "Puny Carrots" on the mainland then I could finish all 100 additional achievement points. They don't seem to be where I would expect them to be (Fairfax Gardens and Old Bowerstown respectively) so I'm probably going to have to start breaking into cupboards looking for them. Peter M, you devil!

;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Found the Royal Purple Dye and even came up with the 2 puny carrots (although I had to use a different character to get them since I'd obviously somehow lost them with my first time through the game.) Note: if you want the Store with the Presents on Knothole Island to offer all of the prize packages you have to complete the first two quests on Knothole Island (Ice and Sun). Interesting.

While the expansion pack only offered 100 achievement points for the 800 MS points cost ($10) I found it still to be worth it to me since I'm enjoying any additions to Peter M.'s fantasy world. Others might call the price a bit steep for what you get (in time and depth). They are saying that 400 MS points might have been more appropriate. I doubt that Lionhead could justify the additional development time for 400 points - but I can understand why some would say that Knothole Island could be more vast or richer in treasures, houses, quests, etc. for $10. This time the "unusual" compensates for the "brevity" and the expansion is well done. Here's hoping any additional expansions offer a broader brushstroke.

But the "Augment Remover" and the ability to regenerate your dog (if you didn't choose the "Love" option in the main game) make for some very powerful course adjustments in one's gameplay and could be worth the $10 entry fee by themselves for those who took a different path than I did.

All in all, I highly recommend Knothole Island for Fable 2 fans. There's a lot more than first meets the eye on the surface and I feel that some of the people complaining about the 800 point price tag didn't look into all the details available.

My 2 cents (or 1.6 Microsoft Points) worth.

;)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I downloaded this a few days ago and may play it tonight. I finished up the main quest in Fable a while ago, and most of the side quests (still got a few demon doors to open, but I've gotten every gargoyle and nearly every silver key). My family is happy installed in Castle Fairfax.

--Jefferson Morris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronald nolan56