Knockout kings 2002

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I can't wait for Knockout Kings 2002 to come out. I love this series. Check out some information here.
    -Andre F

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Im looking forward to this title too. I just hope EA tweaks a few things.

1) The whole "slugfest" thing needs to be more tactical

2) A created boxer should not "have" to lose just to gain more time in the gym. It seemed inevitable that your created player loses at least 3 to 4 times in his career in order to gain "points" to get better

3) The training mode gets repetitive and tedious and basically pointless after the first time thru

4) ALL boxers should be available to fight. If I remember correctly, Felix Trinidad was absent as was Vernon Forrest and Roy Jones. Probably licensing issues - but whatever

5) Aging should be a factor - age progression and how it relates to fight schedules should be accounted for

6) Better boxer skins to choose from. I wanted to create the next "great white hype". But the only boxer you can create is a guy that looks like Rocky with extreme down syndrome and stupid celebrations.

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Look for a totally different style game:

1. The control is supposed to be similar to 'Victorious Boxers'. In case you have not played that it takes time to get used to but once you do you really feel like you are in total control.

2. No 'power meters' by default. Instead you get visual cues that indicate the status of you fighter. Again like 'Victorious Boxers'.

3. Revamped graphics. I guess the bodies of the fighters have a more 'muscular' look with the faces looking very realistic, just like the real fighters.

4. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I actually read a small preview today at Gamespot. Sounds good. I can't get enough of boxing - I'll be picking up this title.

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

6. Peter Rohlfs

Peter Rohlfs Stunt Coordinator

Hopefully the controls won't be too much like Victorous Boxer. VB is one of the worst games I ever had.

Peter

7. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter