What's new

Knockout kings 2002 (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I can't wait for Knockout Kings 2002 to come out. I love this series. Check out some information here.
-Andre F

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Im looking forward to this title too. I just hope EA tweaks a few things.

1) The whole "slugfest" thing needs to be more tactical

2) A created boxer should not "have" to lose just to gain more time in the gym. It seemed inevitable that your created player loses at least 3 to 4 times in his career in order to gain "points" to get better

3) The training mode gets repetitive and tedious and basically pointless after the first time thru

4) ALL boxers should be available to fight. If I remember correctly, Felix Trinidad was absent as was Vernon Forrest and Roy Jones. Probably licensing issues - but whatever

5) Aging should be a factor - age progression and how it relates to fight schedules should be accounted for

6) Better boxer skins to choose from. I wanted to create the next "great white hype". But the only boxer you can create is a guy that looks like Rocky with extreme down syndrome and stupid celebrations.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Look for a totally different style game:

1. The control is supposed to be similar to 'Victorious Boxers'. In case you have not played that it takes time to get used to but once you do you really feel like you are in total control.

2. No 'power meters' by default. Instead you get visual cues that indicate the status of you fighter. Again like 'Victorious Boxers'.

3. Revamped graphics. I guess the bodies of the fighters have a more 'muscular' look with the faces looking very realistic, just like the real fighters.

ALL boxers should be available to fight. If I remember correctly, Felix Trinidad was absent as was Vernon Forrest and Roy Jones. Probably licensing issues - but whatever
Trinidad is defiantely available in 'KO 2002'. Go to the link and you will see him fighting against Hopkins in a few of the movies. I thought Forrest was available in 'KO 2001', as for Jones forget it! He had a game out a while ago from HBO (I can't remember the name...). I'm sure he would command big bucks for his likeness to appear in the game.

As for aging I think we'll have to wait until a later verion. It is something I would like to see. One omission from this version is the ability to hold which I find kind of odd. As for the the 'skins' not much has not been said about the create a fighter mode. However, I did like this mode in 'KO 2001' except you could not use your fighter against someone else in the versus mode. Otherwise this mode was pretty good but I found it was too easy. I was able to beat all modes without a loss very easily. However I played the hell out of the game and that could explain that.

Overall this should be a much improved version and I really look forward to it.

-Andre F

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I actually read a small preview today at Gamespot. Sounds good. I can't get enough of boxing - I'll be picking up this title.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I can't get enough of boxing
I'm a huge boxing fan. I'm always on the lookout for a good boxing title. Companies seen to get every other sport right except for boxing. Let's hope this title brings us a little closer.

-Andre F

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Hopefully the controls won't be too much like Victorous Boxer. VB is one of the worst games I ever had.

Peter

Andre F

Screenwriter
Hopefully the controls won't be too much like Victorous Boxer. VB is one of the worst games I ever had.
Ouch! I loved this game and spent a LONG time beating it. Granted the first time I played it I didn't much of it but after getting use to it I really enjoyed it. For the record it is supposed to be quite a bit like Victorious Boxers. In fact I think they recruited some the developers from VB to help with development.

-Andre F

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks