Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
knives-out-1.jpg

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
This looks interesting. I was one that didn't like Johnson's directorial choices in The Last Jedi, but I'm willing to throw that out for a good murder mystery. I do think it's curious, and I believe it's been mentioned before elsewhere, but does anyone else find it curious that Plummer's character's name, Harlan Thrombey bears a very close resemblance to the old Choose Your Own Adventure book character, Harlowe Thrombey? Guess being an '80s kid as soon as I heard the name it brought back some very specific memories about the book...

1129721.jpg

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
We saw this on Sunday at a preview in Sydney.
A fun movie that is worth your time. As the Director has stated in an interview the structure is similar to the all star Agatha Christie vehicles and as such is worth your time. The set reminded me of Sleuth in many ways ( a good thing in my opinion) and the drama is played out without violence or swearing (good for these eyes and ears). I rate it am 8/10.
Go along and have fun!!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Terrific film all around. Tremendously entertaining whodunnit with great performances from everyone, especially Craig.

Smart refreshing adult entertainment.

One of the years best films!

Agreed. Saw it last weekend and it was a great time in the theater. I really hope it does well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Good!

I really hope he gets to do another Star Wars movie, but if not he'll still have a career going forward. Looking forward to more movies from Rian Johnson whatever happens!
I'd like to see what else he's got in him but I'd still be happy if he alternated between Star Wars and Benoit Blanc movies for the next decade.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree completely, Dave. This was like a breath of fresh air: not a sequel or a prequel or a biopic, but a familiar genre movie that keeps the audience on its toes trying to stay one jump ahead of the writer-director. I did think the pacing lagged in the middle and would have liked it more if it could have come in under two hours, but those are fairly small points. There were plenty of twists and turns to keep me (and the very full house I saw it with this afternoon) entertained. Very engaging actors.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I haven’t seen this yet but, I’ve been listening to OST and this is my favorite score of the year, so far.

I hope to see the movie soon.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Might go to the theatre tonight. A toss up between this and "Frozen 2"; although, I'm leaning toward this one as the trailers for it have piqued my interest more than the trailers for F2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from a packed showtime at my local arthouse theater. One of the best audiences I've had seeing a movie in theaters in a long, long time. Fully engaged, all the right reactions at all the right moments, and actual applause at the end. This was a reminder of why I love to go to movies.

Probably my favorite Rian Johnson film to date. I love that it is both a hilarious parody of the Agatha Christie-esque detective mysteries, and an above average example of the Agatha Christie-esque detective mysteries.

Coming in at $40 million over the Thanksgiving holiday, exceeding expectations.
So much for the box office failure of Solo being the result of everything Rian Johnson even remotely touched being box office poison after The Last Jedi.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks