What's new

Knight's Tale Review (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching Knight's Tale DVD a minute ago...yet another very fine disc put together by CTHV. The Video and audio were top notch. Not reference material, but very good to say the least. Will give the commentary a spin tomorrow. The deleted scenes were pretty good, and the small featuettes were quite intersting as well. Overall a very fine product and worth a look, especially the film, which was a little strange at times( ROCK MUSIC IN MEDIEVEL TIMES?) but really gave the film a personality of its own. A good movie with a good DVD to boot.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
half.gif
out of five stars I would say.
------------------
card11.jpg

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The video of We Are the Champions is really damn cool...just like all the other Robbie Williams videos I have seen. Fits the mood of the film, but with the trademark Williams flair to it. He even does a good job of sounding a little like Freddie Mercury.
What is funny is they dont even list the music video on the back of the case...but rest assured, it is there. In glorious Dolby2.0(why cant they make the music videos in 5.1 like Star Wars will???)
------------------
card11.jpg

CraigMc

Grip
Can anybody absolutely confirm whether the music video in star wars will be in 5.1 on the R1 disc???
All the reviews for the R4 disc in Aus indicate it's only 2.0
frown.gif

I guess it's small in comparison to the overall disc, but I love that music video, and 5.1 sound for that would be sweeet......
Sorry this is a little OT.
I can't wait till A Knight's Tale is released as well - it was one of those surprise movies for me when I went and saw it at the theatres. I was expecting it to be relatively crappy, but came out thinking it was awesome!
Pity we'll have to wait another few months after the R1 release before we'll get it in R4.
------------------
Craig McDonald

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the encouraging review and comments.
I passed on this movie at the theaters. Something about Queen in medival times reminded me of the awful Dungeons & Dragons movie where none of the actors even tried to stay in character or act at all.
I'll pick up Knights Tail at the rental store on Tuesday.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Watched it last night (first time seeing the movie) on my 16x9 direct-view.

Really enjoyed this movie. Unorthodox, innovative, and just plain FUN in spite of some obvious hollywood contrinvinces to move the plot along in a formulaic manner.

Great picture that I can tell (small screen). Images look over-exposed but I think that's the film-makers artistic hand. This movie was filmed for a "big screen"...the visual composition looked and felt quite often like a cinemascope film from the 60's...epansive use of the frame with rather small images of people...which would appear balanced on a big-screen but have you squinting to make out faces on your TV set (the scene in the church is a great example when the knight is arguing with the woman...you have 2 small people framed inside a HUGE environment...with 3 large stain-glass windows from left to right. Personally I enjoyed this. I like to see a director make some real use of the visual space and compose for a LARGE PROJECTED image and not just horde the movie with close-ups that will look good when it hits video. I'd love to see this movie on a good FP system!

The 5.1 mix is amazing. The use of surround during the "rain" when the knight visits his father sounded so real my roomate thought it was really raining outside.

-dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks