What's new

Knights of the Old Republic delayed (1 Viewer)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
dang. I was hoping to see this soon - Xbox lacking on the RPG front...
(he says, as Morrowind sits on my shelf... Too many games to play!!!) :D

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Damn, that doesn't leave much in the rpg department for me this fall.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Rats! I guess Jedi Outcast and Bounty Hunter (on the Cube) will have to keep me occupied until then...

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Not a big surprise it is Bioware we are talking about here, how long did it take them to get NWN done?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
how long did it take them to get NWN done?
Neverwinter was a decidedly more complicated udertaking Kelley. Not only did they have to create a single player game that would at the very least live up thier Baldurs Gate computer series, but they also had to test and create the Neverwinter Toolset. The toolset alone would not doubt be a long part of development. (And to this day they are still patching and correcting issues)
With KOTR they had to create the engine and then go ab out finishing the game. KOTR has been in some form of development now for almost 1 and a half years. The delay to spring will put the games release at around 2 to 2 1/2 years of development time. No where near the almost 5 years it took for Neverwinter thankully.
Besides that, I feel about Bioware how others feel about Blizzard. It may take them a bit of development time to get thier games released but my god are they worth it when they are :emoji_thumbsup:

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I was just saying that I don't think Bioware has ever released a game when they say they will, its a great luxury that their success has granted them. I would much rather wait years for the game to get done right, then to come out when they say it will and have it blow.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I was just saying that I don't think Bioware has ever released a game when they say they will, its a great luxury that their success has granted them. I would much rather wait years for the game to get done right, then to come out when they say it will and have it blow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks