What's new

Knight Rider: Season Two (1 Viewer)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I've been a fan of this show for as long as I can remember watching TV. I know there are many people who feel otherwise about it but to me its one of the best 80s TV shows. I just read on TSoD that season two has been officially announced for April 12th. I can't freakin' wait for April now! Now we'll be half done with the full series, which is better than most other series that ran for more seasons.

Bring on seasons three and four!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I've been "on the fence" about Knight Rider. I've been thinking of trying out Season 1 lately. I only saw 1 or 2 of the shows when they first aired back in the 80's. I'm interested in reading more posts on this one :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm in the same boat, Jeff. My exposure to Knight Rider is pretty much limited to a Diff'rent Strokes episode, but I like '80s shows like the A-Team, Airwolf and Dukes of Hazzard.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Well I suppose the easiest way to see if its worth buying is to find a rental place that rents TV DVDs. I myself don't know of any, since I don't rent. But that is one way. Another way is if you have a friend with the set, either view a few episodes at their place or ask to borrow the set.

I too missed the show when it originally aired, but I have a good reason. It came out several months before I was even born :D My introduction to the series was when I was in elementary school in the early 90s. It would come on at 4pm every weekday and I'd always get home and watch it after school.

Ah the good ol' days. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

You said it :emoji_thumbsup:

I don't know of any TV/DVD rental places locatlly. That's an idea though. Knight R is one of the "fence" series that I'm not sure of yet on whether to buy. I'm happy to see that Season 2's been announced for all of the fanatics of the series :) :)

I just haven't been interested in recent TV series. I'm a fanatic collector of the older stuff, which, I guess a lot of the forum members are as well.

I only saw a couple of 90's series that I'd like on DVD. My 90's choices would be

Lois and Clark (WB is supposed to be releasing it this year)
Earth 2 (no word on this one yet)
The Pretender (release date 03/15)
Dark Skies

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
For the undecided, Season Two does have the extremely fun "Goliath" episodes featuring a very special David Hasselhoff double role as the good Michael and the evil Garthe Knight.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I loved this show as a kid, then I caught an episode the other day on TV...It was the episode with Goliath and Hasselhoffs evil "twin"!

Holy crap was that show bad, big difference watching it now. I remember my dad telling me how stupid it was and I thought he just didn't get it. I "get" it now. :b

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, looks like I'll be getting a free taste of Knight Rider, as a bonus episode will be included with both Magnum: S2 and A-Team: S2. Hopefully, they'll be two different episodes, so I'll get an even bigger taste.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for this. I loved this show its possibly my favorite of the 80's shows. April can't get here fast enough.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
April is HOT!!

Besides that, I am in for the long haul, all 4 seasons..bring 'em on!!
Sure it's corny, and Hasselhoff is too much, but it's still great fun!!
:emoji_thumbsup:

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah Dan I'm there for the rest as well. I hope Season 3 will be out this year as it contains my fav. episode "Junkyard Dog" thats the one with KITT in the acid pit.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Of course :)
I haven't watched the KR 2000 tv movie that came with the season 1 set... I'm waiting to watch it after season 4 :D What sucks though is there doesn't look to be any extras on Season 2 according to knightrideronline.com

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
This is regarding Knight Rider S1 but I was wondering about something that I'm seeing on the online DVD stores today. I've been thinking of trying this series out on a blind buy but the online stores are telling me that S1 is a pre-order and is being released on 04/12. Haven't I seen S1 in stores already? Wasn't S1 released a few months ago? Weird. Anyone know about this?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's been out. They typically do that for a price change. I believe it's gone from a MSRP of $59.98 to $49.98.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the expl, Greg. I never thought of that one :)

Still can't decide on this series....it's in my "cart" at Amazon but I haven't pressed the button yet :D

Just remembered....there's a Knight Rider bonus DVD in the A-TEAM S2 pack that's coming in a couple of weeks. I'll check that disk out and decide then. From the clip that was on that Best Buy "promo" DVD last fall, I think I'd like this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks