Knight Rider season 4 - Mono? I hope that's just an error...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Robert Cruz, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Robert Cruz

Robert Cruz Stunt Coordinator

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4901

According to the specs, the audio is English mono. That couldn't be anymore wrong, considering the 4th season was the first (and only) season to air in stereo. The intro even said "In Stereo, where available". The theme song and background music stood out even better than it ever did. I hope it's just an error on Universal's behalf, and the DVD set ends up being stereo. Although it was just 2.0 stereo, it's still better than plain ol' mono, and plus, it's always best to have it the way it originally aired (reruns are also stereo).

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

It could happen. Disney screwed up and released "The Golden Girls" in mono when it aired in stereo.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Robert, it could be a screw-up on my end, too, or the part of the person I got the info from. Uni hasn't posted those specs at their password-protected press site yet (even though they have for Magnum S4 and A-Team S4), but one of my contacts said they had the specs and passed them to me. I'll check and see if they got 'em right.

4. John*Wells

John*Wells Stunt Coordinator

John
    I already Pre ordered S 3 but As of last week S 4 wasn't available for Pre order yet

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

John, if you click on the link in Robert's first post of this thread, then you'll find an Amazon link in that story.

6. Robert Cruz

Robert Cruz Stunt Coordinator

David, it doesn't seem like it's an error afterall. I purchased the season 3 set recently, which has an episode from season 4. That episode is mono. I guess we'll see what happens. Since I usually care more about uncut episodes than anything, this issue won't really bug me, but it's still an unnecessary alteration.