What's new

Knight Rider, Season 4, Missing effects? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Ok,

Let me first say I don't have the DVD yet, but when I went to Amazon to see if it was released yet, I read a review. According to the reviewer, the audio is in MONO, and it's STILL missing sound effects like Season 3 was.

I thought the effects in season 3 might not be that jarring. And t hey arn't when it's something simple like a door slam not being heard. But when Kitt is absolutley silent as he powers up, that IS annoying to watch..

Any word yet on fixes? And I really hope they allow us an option to get thme faster, rather than wait 2 months. I STILL havn't gotten my Thundercat envelope from Warner Brothers..

Thanks!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'm on the last disc now and I haven't noticed any missing on season 4.

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
The missing sound effects aren't as bad as on season 3. It's most noticeable on Knight of the Juggernaut.

As I mentioned in an older post, season 4 was gonna be released in mono when it should be stereo. Even the syndicated versions are stereo...for the DVD to not be stereo, there's something wrong.

While the mono thing bothers me a bit, one thing that bothers me more is that two episodes are missing teasers. All the episodes fall in the 48:20 range, except for the 2 with the missing teasers, which are around 47:50 each. Teasers are 30 seconds each, so you can do the math from there.

The two episodes with the missing teasers are "Knight Song" and "The Scent of Roses."

Not sure who was in charge of quality control, but someone just wasn't doing their job for seasons 3 and 4. It truly is a shame.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yea there are a few missing sfx on knight rider S4.. nothing as bad as S3 when KITT was silent but that didn't really bother me, so obviously the S4 stuff doesn't either. The biggest problem is this being mono when it should be stereo. But i guess i will live. I am happy to have my KR collection completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks