What's new

Knight Rider Season 3 Missing Sounds???? (1 Viewer)

I just read over at TVSHOWSONDVD.COM that some people are saying that Knight Rider Season 3 has sound effects missing and the Universal is doing a recall. Is this problem on all sets or just some of them and could someone please tell me where this problem is on the discs so I could check mine. Thanks.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Yes, Gord did'nt say which episodes, I just started disc 1 and I'd to know which ones to check too. So any help would be appreciated. :)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Does anybody else find it odd that Universal announces instructions to remedy this problem, when virtually no one has heard of it? Meanwhile, countless other titles are plagued by vast problems, with no acknowledgement from Universal.

Rob T

Screenwriter
the only one that I noticed was that a telephone didn't ring when it was supposed to.
I don't know what episode it was though.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
The only episode where I really noticed missing sound effects was theo ne where KITT gets electrocuted and loses his memory. I don't have the set in front of me at the moment but I believe the episode is Lost Knight on disc 2. Not 100% sure on the episode's title and location, but I do know it's that particular one that caught my attention.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I've noticed a couple minor effects missing but nothing that would make me want to get a replacement.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Yeah, I watched the entire season last week and there were a few times that made me think "hmm, shouldn't the tires have squealed there, or hmmm, no turbo boost sound?" No specific examples, but nothing that made me angry about the release or make me want to send away for replacements...

One funny continuity issue though is present in "Knight in Retreat". KITT hits turbo boost to jump a truck and they show someone pressing his turbo boost button. Problem is Michael is in another vehicle and nowhere near KITT! Made me laugh when I saw it...

mike.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I think I found the episode in question - I dont remember the title (It was the one with the construction worker killed by a crane, with the micro-bomb bugging devices), and it had a bunch of dead air - driving shots with no road noise, road noise but without Kitt's turbine whine and that sort of thing.

Sounded very odd indeed. I'd emailed Uni right after the news broke, and I heard back from them - a real non-answer. It said "We're repressing the discs now and will announce when you can get them soon."

I'll post the mail when I get home tonight if anyone wants.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Watching Season 3 now, and definetlly notice missing effects. Specifically in the one where Kitt loses his memory....

Any word on replacements?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard anything about the replacements showing up yet? Its been a while since I sent my set back to universal for replacement - and nothing.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have all 4 seasons and when I ran through Season 3 I didn't notice any. Of course I didn't know what to look for

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks