What's new

Knight Rider - Season 1 (Wednesdays this Fall) (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was dead too and missed part 2. Interesting, KARR is coming back?

I wonder how much Ford is still investing, given the economic conditions of the car industry. But then Ford is the healthiest of the big American 3, I believe.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Well, although I missed part two of the intense two-parter a couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to seeing the K.A.R.R. episode last night. I thought it was quite good, actually. (It was a bit odd coming into the episode with Sarah grieving, but that's what I get for missing part two of a previous episode.) Incidentally, remind me not to get too friendly with Sarah should I ever see her in a bar. ;)

I liked much about the episode. I wish they (read: K.I.T.T.) had coded the downloaded information more toward music; that would have been fun to decipher. But the way it was done (in the Portland, Oregon boy's Xbox) was kind of clever. I didn't like the attitude of the boy, especially since he had received a lot of free stuff from Billy. Where was his gratitude? So what if he had to play Halo 3 with an adult for an extended period of time. ;)

Learning about Michael's erased memory was somewhat expected, although I did like how/why Sarah's father had to keep it from him. And the holograms of her dad were not (IMO) too overdone, and added some much needed information at key points in the episode. And how about the 'eternal' puzzle? I thought that was nicely done. I couldn't believe the amount of funds that were transferred to Sarah as they went to a commercial. It was nearing a half a billion dollars! I loved her line near the end, when Michael was questioning funding: "We're good"--LOL.

The only thing I didn't like about the episode was the transformation of K.A.R.R. I almost thought Darth Vader had come back in a starring role. ;) The clincher was when I heard 'destiny' (:crazy:). But all in all, it was a fine episode, and left the door wide open for the four remaining series regulars, should the show eventually come back from the dead. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Damn! I totally missed part 2 and the KARR episode Scott! I might try to catch it on the NBC site, but I hate watching that way. maybe I'll wait for a repeat or a DVD release.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

I still can't believe I missed part two a few weeks ago. I guess I have had NBA basketball on my mind a bit too much recently. ;)

My youngest son was bummed as well. I told him that he could come to work with me and watch part two on a weekend.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Just FYI, for anything Knight Rider based, head on over to ...

welcome to knight rider online

For an un-official site, they get allot of interesting access...
I hope NBC gives Knight Rider a second season, considering they let
GST kill it from the start...

I also hope if there is a Season 2, Billy and Zoey move on to Knight Research, and they bring in a british actor to be a Devon Miles type character. Maybe even the son of Devon Miles.. That way we'll have three principles again.

Oh, and I agree, the two parter before car was actually the best of the season... It had a pretty fun villain to boot...

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Just finished this weeks epsiode on Hulu, and it'll be a damn shame for the network to cut the show when it's actually getting pretty good. Yeah it was a pretty standard "Bank Robbery #5" plot with all manner of predictable twists and turns, but it was nice and tight with some good supercar action.

If this was the show they had been doing from the beginning, they'd be in a much better position now.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
My son watched that episode last night, and he absolutely loved it. I told him not to tell me anything about it. I am looking forward to it tonight. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
What irked me was with all the attempts Michael made in the bank to get "noticed" by the bank robbers why he wasn't shot dead. Everyone else was being shot so why wasn't he? Only because he's the star of the show of course but still! Also, has KITT lost his ability to transform?

Jason Sweet

Stunt Coordinator

Hopefully!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i think it still sucked overall.

it reminds of how after the first season of airwolf they decided to focus on saving the everyday man instead of the larger national/international threats.

i don't necessarily have a problem with that. but the acting in this show is so ham fisted it is ridiculous. if it were not for the nameplate of this series it would have already been toast.

oh, and m. knight should have been killed by the first commerical break. that was the biggest eye roller of the night.

journey man. cancelled.
my own worst enemy. cancelled.

knight rider (the next generation, literally)-allowed to keep on limping....

wtf???

Diallo B

Screenwriter

imo, both. i have still been watching and the show has gotten even worse if that is possible. if they were trying to develop a show that appealed to the mass audience i can only surmise that the execs at nbc don't think to much about the intelligence of that audience.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I believe that the show has gotten much, much better over the past half dozen or so episodes. I'm enjoying it a lot, and so are my children.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Diallo B

Screenwriter

not a dig at you but i can understand why your children are enjoying this much more. it has definitely become a live action cartoon. i am surprised they didn't just relegate this to an animated format and put it on cartoon network.

i realized this a couple of episodes back during the episode with the little boy and the drug dealers. at the end of the episode the little kid asks if KITT can take him home. the last 60 seconds of the episode are spent with the kid looking all wide eyed and screaming like he is on a roller coaster while KITT is shooting out of the tunnel of the knight industries facility. as i watched this i was thinking that there had to be a better way to spend this time during this episode.

all of the characters have become one dimensional and the interaction of the asian woman with the nerdy guy is super annoying.

at this point, the main reason i continue to watch is because of the 'promised' reappearance of david hasselhoff. i just want to see why he shows back up.

Drabbard

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad Williams
I think there have been vast improvements recently. I could still do without some of the weaker acting and bad jokes, but they are getting back to what worked. Question is, will the show continue? I enjoy it, but my money is on no.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks