What's new

Knight Rider - Season 1 (Wednesdays this Fall) (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've recorded the last 4 episodes, but I have not watched them! So this retooling is a good idea going back to the original idea of a man and his car.

It's nice NBC believes in the show enough to want to push it too.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
A reboot of the reboot huh? This is great news but I still don't have high hopes for it getting any better. When they give me an action show with occasional humor (put the guys from My Own Worst Enemy in charge of the show) and not a campy show with bits of action, better writing and give KITT some frikin' personality then I'll be jumping for joy.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I'm just pleased that Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo, and Smith Cho are staying. I liked Bruce Davison's character, so I will miss him. But had Smith Cho not returned, there would have been hell to pay. ;)

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I agree completely ... keep Deanna Russo and Smith Cho .... hell, they can get rid of KITT and just keep those two around! (well, OK, then it's an entirely different show, but probably something I'd still watch!)
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

:D

I must say, I spent this past week in Pigeon Forge TN and went to a place called the 'Star Cars Museum', they had the original KITT there and after gawking at how cool he was in person, i'd like to formally lobby to get the old KITT back...

He was sweet looking up close, he even spoke in William Danials' voice which made my inner geek go insane.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Nice KITT! I'd be interested to know if that was an on-screen KITT, or a replica. (I've seen some STUNNING replicas out there!) The lower/center console appears a bit off, and the buttons below the dual screens appear to be missing. That said, I'm nitpicking... it's a gorgeous KITT! WANT! :D

Well, I'm glad to hear about the reboot-of-the-reboot. The whole team-in-the-KITTCave thing was part of the problem I had with this show. If they go back closer to Michael and KITT being partners and helping out the "everyman", I'll give it a go again.

That all said, I haven't watched any episodes since I said I was out, and with some horror just read about the "reimagining" of KARR. I hope it wasn't as bad as it sounds. (Although I suspect it was pretty bad.) KARR was always a favorite.

I'm still not taking the KARR license plate off my Mustang. (It's sure getting some interesting looks of late!)

Spero D

Second Unit
I don't have much hope for the reboot if it will be much of a reboot at all. ( I gave up on this one 4 eps ago).

Get better scripts, better actors (to late there keeping the crap ones), get rid of CGI attack mode Kitt, make the driving sequences realstic without the superbad CGI backgrounds (Hell if they could do it in the 80s), get rid of the Sea Quest DSV cave, get William Daniels back as the voice of kitt, etc, etc.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched last week's episode last night. This was Knight of the Living Dead (the Halloween episode). I thought that it was the best episode of the series to date. I loved the pranks, the mystery-angle of the episode, and especially the self-destruct (and back door) aspects of the story line. K.I.T.T. reminded me eerily of H.A.L. in this one (probably for good reason given his gradually increasing paranoia); it was also good to hear of K.A.R.R. again, which I remember fondly from the original series.

About half way through the episode, I thought it might be Zoe. But I couldn't figure out how it was going to play out, especially given what I've read on the 'reboot' link. Two things came to mind as I was trying to piece together who the shooter was: 1) the person had to be around 5'5" (until that was oddly rescinded in favor of 'new' data by Zoe which suggested a taller person--itself somewhat suspicious in my eyes); and 2) the fact that she was 'okay' (i.e., not shot or even hurt in any meaningful way). I couldn't figure out precisely what had happened to her. And another thing that was somewhat misleading (albeit intentionally) was that the voice that we continued to hear on the tape really sounded, at least to my ears, like Zoe's, and not the F.B.I. agent's, no matter how much they tried to convince us otherwise.

I thought it was a good, all-around entertaining episode for many reasons. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the Knight Rider series is undergoing a massive reboot. The series, being ordered for a full season of 22 episodes has seen the departure of Bruce Davidson, Sydney Tamiia Poitier and Yancey Arias with the 13th episode and the remaining episodes of the first season:

"We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."

The revamped "Knight" will kick off with the two-part Episodes 10-11. NBC is planning a major push, including possibly airing Episode 10 on Sunday after an NFL football game in January, with the conclusion airing the following Wednesday.

Such a move would bring "Knight" back to Sunday night, where the two-hour movie/backdoor pilot drew big ratings in February.

The series it spawned has been struggling in the Wednesday 8 p.m. slot, dropping last week to a season-low 5.1 million viewers and a 1.6 rating/4 share in adults 18-49.

The retooling had been put in motion long before the full-season order for "Knight" three weeks ago. The UMS/Dutch Oven series is now filming Episode 15.

There are no immediate plans to add new regulars to the show, which will focus on the five remaining characters: Mike (Justin Bruening), Sarah (Deanna Russo), Billy (Paul Campbell), Zoe (Smith Cho) and KITT. The producers also are looking to do stunt guest castings.

Aint it Cool News is also reporting that David Hasselhoff is returning to the series with the second season, bringing the new series back to the classic formula that made the original series popular in the eighties:

If There's A Second Season Of KNIGHT RIDER, Will The Hoff Return For Father/Son Adventures Of The Week?? -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Well ... That's too bad.

Perhaps the replacement could be the rumored six unaired Bionic Woman eps.

Seriously, this series was just not that great. It seemed to be aimed at males under the age of 16; which is fine for a Saturday morning show - but not so good for something supposedly aimed at prime time. I *was* going to give the "re-tool" a chance, though ...

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Gotta agree with one comment below that article...

My thoughts exactly. That and (much as I like 'em) less boobs. ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That's too bad. My sons will be disappointed....

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I would totally agree. That's what made the A-Team great. Mercenaries who aren't part of anything but themselves who fend for the little guy.

Worked for "The Hulk" (Series). A-Team (Series). Original Knight Rider. Etc. Tons of show with a concept people generally get. The whole secret government agency whatever was just.. blah.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So - has anyone been keeping up with the show after the retooling? The last couple of episodes have been pretty good and the one with KARR - well, it's got Peter Cullen back. How much more cool do you have to get?

Hopefuly this thing found it's legs soon enough to avoid the axe.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I have. The two-parter was IMO one of the very best the series has offered thus far. I taped last night's episode to watch either tonight or tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to seeing the KARR episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nothing's official, despite NBC cutting the order by 5 episodes. I'd be kind of shocked if it had a place on the network's five-hours-smaller fall schedule, but stranger things could happen, considering how much of it Ford is supposedly paying for and the showrunner's willingness to reconfigure it until he finds something that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks