What's new

knebworth dvd (1 Viewer)

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
What is this DVD? Is it a compilation of footage from the various Knebworth concerts over the years, or is it a particular concert?

I actually attended the first two Knebworth concerts in 1974 (Allman Brothers headlining) and 1975 (Pink Floyd headlining) and would love to be able to revisit some of the performances from those shows - particularly the likes of Tim Buckley, Van Morrison, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Captain Beefheart, and Roy Harper.

regards, Tim...

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
It's an upgraded version of the previous "Live! at Knebworth" DVD that Image released briefly back in 1997. The contents featured the 1990 all-star charity concert (McCartney, Clapton, John, Pink Floyd, Plant & Page, etc., etc.)

It's long been available as a CD and various video versions. The Image disc is pretty poor, so an upgrade is certainly warranted. Haven't seen it, though, so I can't say.

Ryan

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The following is taken from Play.com:
Knebworth, Hertfordshire, Saturday, June 30th, 1990. 12,000 fans gathered for an historic event featuring a legendary combination of British artists...
Tears For Fears: Change / Badman's Song / Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Cliff Richard & The Shadows: On The Beach / Good Golly Miss Molly / We Don't Talk Anymore
Phil Collins & The Serious Band: In The Air Tonight / Sussudio
Paul McCartney: Coming Up / Birthday / Hey Jude / Can't Buy Me Love
Status Quo: Whatever You Want / Rockin' All Over The World / Dirty Water / In The Army Now
Eric Clapton: Before You Accuse Me / Tearin' Us Apart
Dire Straits: Solid Rock / Think I Love You Too Much / Money For Nothing
Elton John: Sacrifice / Sad Songs
Robert Plant: Hurting Kind / Tall Cool One / Wearing & Tearing / Rock And Roll
Genesis: Mama / Throwing It All Away / Turn It On Again medley
Pink Floyd: Shine On You Crazy Diamond / Run Like Hell
These are extracts from what all in all was a pretty reasonable concert of AOR rock. All or most of it was broadcast on BBC radio. I have an especial fondness for the concert because my girlfriend (now my wife) and I had it playing in the background as we moved her stuff into my house. :)

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm, don't think I will bother - there is very little on that list that appeals to me.

I still have clear memories of the 1975 Knebworth concert at which Pink Floyd were headlining. They presented the full Dark Side of the Moon show but with the added extra that it kicked of right on sundown and with a very low fly past of two (or was it three?) fully camouflage painted Spitfire fighter planes. It was a pretty spectacular way to start a concert!

regards, Tim...

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I remember that version of Page/Plant's Wearing & Tearing really blew my socks off as I hadn't heard it before.

Given the playlist, I think I'll be checking this one out.

Rob

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
from what i can tell the knebworth dvd has been pushed back at least a week

I have the 97 one it is not very good audio I tried to get it today but no one had it so I ordered on line from Best Buy I wonder if I will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks