What's new

Klonoa 2 is a Keeper! (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I picked up Klonoa 2 earlier in the week, but didn't get a chance to play it until now. Since no one has mentioned this game yet, let me simply say that Namco has done it again!
If you have a PS2 and are any kind of platform fan, you owe it to yourself to go out and (at the very least) rent this game. It wreaks of quality and is a blast to play.
Control is excellent and easy to grasp, but difficult to master... especially when split-second timing is required to solve some of the game's more challenging puzzles.
Graphically, I don't think this game makes any PS2 processors work overtime, but everything looks bright and colorful and all of the animation silky-smooth, with nary a trace of pop-in or slowdown.
Audio-wise, Klonoa 2 is a treat, too. It even has DD 5.1 output (It appears to be only in the cut-scenes, but it a very nice - if not totally necessary - touch!)
In short, if you are a fan of the genre, give this game a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Gary
------------------

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Its out! Its OUT In AMERICA???? WTF AM I DOING HERE AT WORK!!! < scrambles to milk all out going debts with co-workers and tries to think of a good reason to leave work, uhhh I am sick *cough*cough* yeah I am sick >

paul h

Supporting Actor
I'm very tempted by it but only thing that puts me off is longevity, if it's a fairly tough challenge then i'll invest.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I'm very tempted by it but only thing that puts me off is longevity, if it's a fairly tough challenge then i'll invest.
Paul, I believe I read somewhere that the game is made up of 18 stages, proper. So, depending on your proficiency, I guess you could probably burn through the whole thing in a few days.
That said, I think replay value is pretty high. For instance, collecting every single item will take considerably more time than three days. And, depending on the path you choose and when you choose it, some sections of the game will play out differently. Plus, there is a second character that can utilized throughout the game (by plugging a controller into port 2). The caveat with this two-player cooperative mode is that depending how you control this second character, he can help you, but he can also hinder you.
Gary
------------------

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
BrianB,
I loved the original Klonoa, probably my most played PSOne game after Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and WipeOut XL. I am going to get it Friday, hopefully I will be finished with Max Payne by then so I can devote 100% to Klonoa 2. It really is about time that the PS2 starts to get the great A+ titles out for it, TMB, GT3, now Klonoa 2, next Devil May Cry and Maximo and the game I want more than anything.......WipeOut Fusion.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I'm not sure if this is rental or a purchase. I guess I'll have to check the old piggy bank this weekend...
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You may be waiting a while. And SCEA *still* has to officially announce they'll publish it in North America.

I know BrianB! Oh believe me I know! But they have to publish it here in America, they just have too! Atleast for me, and the couple of other WipeOut fans there are here in the states. If it doesn't come out here in America, well I think I might just have to cry.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big big fan of the series too - so much so that I'm getting a mate to send over Wipeout3SE as SCEA have zero plans to release it over here in the US. Bah.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks