Klitschko - Sanders boxing 4/24/04

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Now this is heavyweight boxing!

Vitali doesn't look right tonight, he's so awkward, nothing like he was in his fight with Lennox Lewis.

Sanders looks like he's using rope-a-dope trying to draw in Vitali and then unload his left.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

After 5 rounds:

But it appears that conditioning is killing Sanders, and Vitali is landing punches at will, this would be the last round...

Round 6

Good round for Sanders, who landed many shots, but took a lot from Vitali as well. Pretty good action.

Round 7

Horrible round for Sanders, didn't hit anything but air for the most part, while eating lots of glove from Vitali.

Round 8

And it's over. TKO for Vitali due to just pummelling Sanders once Sanders couldn't figure out where he was in the ring.

Sanders took a lot of shots that would have put many other boxers on the canvas. He probably would have kept going if the ref didn't step in with just under 20 seconds left.

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Just to show how far out of the Boxing loop I've been lately, I had no idea there was a fight tonight let alone a fight the caliber of this one, at least on paper.

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Interesting fight and it was nice to see two gentleman go at it...instead of watching some goon like Golata going for low blows or the snooze fest that went on the week before.

5. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

Snooze fest? Really? I thought it was fun watching KlitschkO get KO'd.