Klipsh reference series with Denon 2802?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKosh, Aug 20, 2002.

1. JasonKosh

JasonKosh Extra

I am getting the Klipsch RF-3, RC-3, and Rs-3s. This setup will be used mostly for Home Theater.
    Will the Denon 2802 be sufficient for this setup or should I go with the 3802?
    Thanks

2. Jason_Me

Jason_Me Stunt Coordinator

Personally, I think H/K is a better match with Klipsch.

3. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Jason,
    Ive got the 2802 and Klipsch Ref 3 series and I think its strength was for Home Theater over music. I added a Parasound 885 Amp and it made it even better [​IMG] . While the increased power was a bonus, it wasnt necessary and the 2802 had no problem powering the Klipsch. Besides, Klipsch are amazingly effecient and wont require as much juice to drive em.
    Ive heard HK and like em, but I havent heard em with Klipsch so I cant comment on em.
    Have you gone to your local electronics store to demo this combo? If you havent yet, I would highly recommend it. Some people find Klipsch to be a little on the bright side. That being said, I found the Denon to be on the warm side, so I felt the match with the Klipsch was a good compliment.
    Regards,
    Phil

4. Jason_Me

Jason_Me Stunt Coordinator

I have an H/K AVR-8000, with some RB5.II's. Harshness does not exist. Its not even forward, the imaging is only about 2-3" in front of the speakers. I cant recommend a better receiver for Klipsch then H/K.