Klipsh Forte

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by paintballboy456, Sep 17, 2006.

1. paintballboy456

paintballboy456 Auditioning

I'm new to the site, so please bare with me.

I own a pair of Klipsh Forte (don't think their forte 2) speakers. I am trying to build a new computer rig and need cash and the only way for me to get some is to sell the set of speakers I have. I planed on taking them to a shop in one of the nearby towns, but I have no idea what the going rate on somthing like this is worth. I did some research and found out the speakers date back to somewhere between 1984-1989. I assume this means they are worth quite a bit.

Also, what sort of stores buy things like this? Just stereo stores and such?

2. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

Forum rules state that you must list an asking price. As far as what to ask, used equipment generally sells for between 40-60% of the original retail price. You can ask more for extremely rare or interesting items. While you Klipsch's are nice they don't qualify for either category. If you don't sell them here, try that big auction site.
    JP

3. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Though not rare, the original Forte is one of the more desirable models from that era of Klipsch. They usually command a few dollars more than the Forte II. Check http://www.audiogon.com to get a ballpark idea of what they might be worth. You would be much better off selling them to an end user than a shop who would resell them. If you sell them to a shop, expect to get less than half of what you could sell them for otherwise.

-Dave