1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Klipsch WDST speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Haris Ellahi, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

I read that a number of people do not like the Klipsch WDST surround speakers because they "diffuse" the sound.

I was wondering what your comments/opinions are on the Klipsch WDST surround speakers.

2. RussKon

RussKon Stunt Coordinator

I have a pair of the Klipsch RS-3 surrounds. They have an incredible sound and perform much better than many of the "traditional surrounds" that I've heard.

I highly recommend that you listen to them yourself.

3. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Thanks. [​IMG]
    Any more comments/opinions?

4. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I think the people that don't like WDST aren't singling out Klipsch, they just don't like the diffuse sound to begin with. It's just a matter of preference. I used to use dipoles in my rear but after switching to Klipsch's WDST(not as diffuse as my dipoles), I found I like it better. To me, direct radiating speakers sound the best in the rear but I use Klipsch RS-3II's surrounds due to space constraints. I really don't feel like I'm missing anything with them, they do an excellent job at involving me in the sound mix.

5. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Thanks for the reply. [​IMG]
    However, when I was refering to people who don't like the WDST sound, I was actually refering to the people on the Klipsch website forum!