What's new

Klipsch vs energy (1 Viewer)

coco5316

Auditioning
Real Name
Shae
I am Semi new to this forum. I know how forums work and I searched for an answer but I only found round about answers. I cannot seem to find the exact information I need, so from what I learned, ask the question! I am sure I wil get bashed on how this was already covered, but hopefully someone will give me some input. I like the people on this forum and definatly respect the more informed. Any advice would be appriciated! THank you in advance!!!

I am looking into the audio for my basement. I have a cement floor carpeted and I already have a Klipsch Sub 10. I was looking at the following speakers and I am not sure which has better quailty/sound. I am by no means looking to spend alot of money but I have read good reviews on both of these. If there are any other sugestions, PLEASE RECOMMEND. Keep in mind i am eventually going to upgrade towers but I know the center is more important right now!
Energy C-C100
vs.
Klipsch Synergy C-2

Thank you!!!

jakewash

Grip
Real Name
Jason L
Best thing you can do is have a listen to both systems and pick the one you like the best. The Klipsch, to my ears, sounds more forward, better for low volume listening, but can be a bit harsh/bright when cranked up, IMO.

The energy is a nice system but seem slightly muffled to my ears, but I have not had a chance to listen in a quiet room either, so it could very well have been much better than I know.

Like I said try to listen to both, enquire about any return policy in case you are unhappy with them in your home and purchase the setup that sounds the best to you. Good Luck!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I have the very same opinion. I've only listened to the smaller C-50 bookshelf for any length of time but I also thought the vocals were very dark and moody. I prefer a softer, warmer sound but the Energy C series might go just a bit warmer than what I prefer. Still, they're a very good speaker for the price. Especially at the present closeout pricing.

Klipsch has always had a brighter sound than most and are probably at the other end of the sound spectrum from the Energy's.

coco5316

Auditioning
Real Name
Shae
problem is where I live I have no where to listen to Energy. I can listen to Klipsch at a few places but I am curious about the energy. I like "different" but I don't want to buy a dud. If I had the availability I would listen to both! But I unfortunatly, i cannot. THanks for the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keats
Recent bookmarks