What's new

Klipsch vs DefTech vs Paradigm for Center (1 Viewer)

KenV

Auditioning
I was looking for advice for upgrading my center channel speaker. I have a mixed set of brands for my current system and listen to 50% music, 50% movies:

Yamaha RX-Z1
Acoustic Research S-50 Mains
Paradigm PS-1200 Subwoofer
Klipsch RS-3 II Surrounds
Currently an old Inifinity Center

I was considering:

Klipsch RC-7 498.
DefTech CLR 2300 599.
Paradigm StudioCC 498.

I know many will groan at the AR S-50's, but these are the next for an upgrade. As far as sonically matching - the Klipsch surrounds are a bit bright IMHO, but I have listened to and would still consider their towers for new mains.

Anyone have any advice?

Dan Cabral

Stunt Coordinator
Ken,
You might want to also check out the Klipsch KLF-C7. It's discontinued, but readily available new over at Ubid for around $250+shipping. Might be able to find it elsewhere for less than the RC-7 (although I'm not knocking the RC-7).
I have one and it's incredible. Great for music, movies, and just about anything else you can throw at it. It is a bit on the large side, but that's about the only shortcoming that I, or anyone else, can come up with about it.
Here are some reviews over at AudioReview.

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
You also should consider getting mains to match whatever CC you decide upon. And I'll throw out another vote for the
C-7 as it's a great center for movies & music.

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
I have'nt heard the Definitive or the Klipsch center but I just brought home a Studio CC last night and...WOW!! This was an Upgrade with a capital "U" over my old center!!! The center I replaced was an Energy AC-300 which was no slouch and the Paradigm kills it in every possible way. Check out AudioReview.com where the Studio CC scored a perfect 5.0 out of 40 reviews!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks