Klipsch Synergy vs. Klipsch Refrence

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Beck, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Andrew Beck

Andrew Beck Stunt Coordinator

Right now I have Klipsch synergy all around in my HT setup with an outlaw 1050 reciever. The Upgrade bug is starting to strike however. I'm thinking of adding a rear center.

My problem is that my synergy speakers are 3+ years old and the new synergy line are almost completly diffrent (rear port vs front port, different tractix horn, different woofer material, different grills, etc). I don't know how well they would timbre match with my current setup. Then I was thinking that maybe I could move my SB2's to the rear and my SB1's to the rear center. Then buy the RB3's to be the fronts. This would leave me the option to upgrade the center to the RFC3 later down the road. I think that ultimatly would be a pretty good setup as I don't believe timbre matching is nearly as important in the front -> rear transistion as it is across the front soundstage.

What I'm wondering is, would the front soundstage be horribly unbalanced before I upgraded the center. or would the RB3's mate okay with the synergy center?

thanks in advance

Andrew

2. Tom Tubbiola

Tom Tubbiola Stunt Coordinator

Andrew, no answer but a similar question. I recently purchased a pair of RB-5s for my bedroom system. They, along with my TV, are mounted on the wall across from my bed. I'm thinking of getting the SC-1 and hanging it below my TV. Will the SC-1 be a good match? I would like to get the RC-3, but it is too heavy.

btw. I love my RB-5s.

Tom

3. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

No answer to your quesition either but..

I have,and love sf-2,sc-1 and sb-1's and i am thinking about giving the outlaw 1050 a try.how do your klipsch's and the outlaw mate?I am currently using an onkyo txds575,is it worth changing?

4. Andrew Beck

I think they mate well... The reciever mates well with the speakers. the reciever is very neutrel, which mates well with the klipsch's which tend to be bright... it's good clean power can drive the very efficient speakers to ear shattering levels as well...

5. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

What speakers do you have now, and how are they set up? You weren't too clear about that in your first message.

6. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I too have the 1050 but am using the older and cheaper KM series speakers. It is a perfect match. Even with the KM's everyone so far has been very impressed with the sound. Now if only I could get a B-stock Outlaw 750. I would be set.

7. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Tom, if you are interested in the Klipsch SC-C1, you can get it at Vann's for $149 800 769 5668. Mine will be arriving on Monday and I am looking forward to that Klipsch clarity.

8. Tom Tubbiola

Tom Tubbiola Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Arthur. I'll check Vanns out.

Tom

9. Andrew Beck

To clear things up right now I have KSB 1.1's in the rear KSB 2.1's in the front the KSC-1 for the center and a KSW-12 for the sub. I would like to move the KSB 1.1's to the rear center, the KSB 2.1's to the rear channel and purchase KRB3's to be the new fronts.

10. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I got the KSCC1 at ubid for $99 delivered. Check ubid they usually have them for bid often.

11. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Weird, I have the SF-1s and didn't want the SF-2s because I know sooner or later I'll have enough for an SVS CS and I didn't mind one less woofer. I am getting a center for xmas hopefully or will just save, how does the SC-1 turn out, or is the SC.5 better? So far, I'm leaning on the SC-1 based on another forum. I would also like your input too.

-Bert

12. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

Bert,

If you have the SF-1's, go with the SC-1. It's the matching center for SF-1, SF-2, SB-2, and SB-3. The SC-.5 only matches with the SB-1.

13. Bill Leber

Bill Leber Stunt Coordinator

Andrew:

If you haven't already, float your question on one of the forums on Klipsch.com. Those guys are very knowledgable and always willing to give an opinion!

I'd say go with the RB-3's, but be prepared to want an RF-C3 in the future. And if you listen to music much with your system you may want RB-5's.