Klipsch subs any good?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Petros_M, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Petros_M

Petros_M Auditioning

Ok I'm allready over budget as it is but I got a good deal on that Yamaha 5790 that I couldn't pass up so now I'm looking for a sub that won't break me. This is only going in my bedroom after all and I was wondering how there subs are? Or if someone can lead me to the direction of a good sub in the $300 range. Thanks for your help.

2. Blaine_M

Blaine_M Second Unit

Wait a little while then, save up some more $ and get something different. Hell, look on ebay, or build your own, go to MADISOUND.COM, you can build a nice sub for a tad under $400 that will blow the Klipsh away. All you have to do is hook everything up and it is ready to go. My next sub will either be one I build myself, or an SVS.

3. Petros_M

Petros_M Auditioning

What SVS do you suggest? I've heard alot of good things about them and Hsu subs.

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

5. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

I'm with Mr. nn. Save another bill and get in line for the PB10-ISD. I've heard several Klipsch subs, and thought they were OK performers. Plenty of 'slam' but the KSW line can be boomy at high volumes and won't reach the depths of an SVS.

SVS subs are in another class IMO. I'm on my second one, so I'm a little biased toward them. If you can snag a b-stock Rocket UFW-10 for under $400, you won't stop grinning. I've seen them show up from time to time.