What's new

Klipsch sub hum (1 Viewer)

Markymark

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Greetings All,
After hooking up a Klipsch RSW 10d sub to my Denon 3808 receiver, I have now noticed a low freq hum coming from the sub. If I turn the volume all the way down, it stops (duh). But if I notch up the volume even the smallest increment to -80.0db, it returns. I tried different settings on the subs control panel, to no avail. Just for kicks, I grounded the receiver chassis to the receptacle ground with no change. It seems as if this is a 60Hz hum, but I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions??? :crazy: TIA, Mark

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Run a search for ground loop, and try some of the solutions, that might be what is ailing your setup.

--
H

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
First - disconnect the CATV coax. If the hum goes away - call the cable company and ask that the coax be grounded outside your home.

Second (Test only) go get one of those orange AC power cheater plugs that take a 3-prong plug, but give you 2 prongs for the wall. Plug the sub into this and see if the hum goes away.

If things go quiet - order a subwoofer cable. This is an ordinary RCA cable, but the shield is disconnected at one end preventing the ground loop.

Hope this helps.

Markymark

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I have Directv, can the coax from the dish cause the ground loop like from the cable co?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trishy!
Recent bookmarks