What's new

Klipsch SUB-12 OR NEW Def tech Pro sub 1000TL? (1 Viewer)

MiguelP

Stunt Coordinator
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum

I am another audiophiler freak! But I can't seem to decide which subwoofer to get.

I'm on a tight budget so let me get to the point I'm deciding if I want to get a Klipsch Synergy III Sub-12 or the new Definitive Technology Pro Sub 1000TL

The sub-12 is rated at 300-watts and peak power is 650 watts. 117db@30hz
Down-firing 12-inch and rear firing vented port. Bash Amplifier design and frequency response is 24Hz-120Hz +/- 3dB

Def Tech Pro Sub 1000tl sports the same watts I'm not sure what the peak power it even sports the same cabinet design. Has SuperCube Derived Technology and frequency response is 18hz-150hz +/- 3dB
long-throw 10-incher front firing and 10-inch passive radiator down-firing.

I'm the kind of guy who looks at the specs,but i know specs varies. It looksl ike the Def Tech plays lower,but its too new to even know the what the sub is capable of. In your guys opinions which sub is better for the money, peformance and quality? Thank you:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Miguel, your post has been moved to the Speakers/Subs area, which is where you should ask this question. The Basics area is for general discussion about home theater at the beginner level. For purchasing advice, ask such questions in the appropriate hardware venue. Thank you. JB

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Not meaning to trash your listed subs but have you thought of say something like an SVS? More bang for the buck for sure.

MiguelP

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard of SVS but does it compare to Martin logan subs? Def tech subs? Polk audio subs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks