KLIPSCH speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by steve nn, Jul 8, 2002.

1. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Any idea out there on the best place to buy a pair of RF-3 tower mains and the RF-3 center, on line. I found the set at Reliable audio video . com for $798. I don't no how much shipping would be. $50-75 most likely. Is this a OK price? There is a Magnolia Hi Fi close by where I live to.

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

That looks good but I was looking at $798 with the center included. They do have some sort of coupon to that would take a little more of the price or shipping cost. I have not checked to see if they are a authorized dealer yet.

4. Tom_Maher

Tom_Maher Stunt Coordinator

I'm also looking at purchasing RF-3IIs, center, and surrounds, but would highly recommend going with an authorized dealer. The warrantly would be well worth the extra 70 (with my recent broken Denon receiver, I am extremely glad I bought at an authorized dealer and would recommend always going with authorized dealers for all home theater products).

5. Dan Cabral

Dan Cabral Stunt Coordinator

A note on the Klipsch warranty...

I got my Klipsch's from Ubid, and one came in seriously banged up. Looked like it'd been dropped, with 2 corners splintered and the grille sheared clean off, snapping off several pegs.

After going back and forth with Klipsch and Ubid for a while, Klipsch finally offered to repair them under warranty, even though the damage was obviously done during shipping from the merchant.

Klipsch stands behind their warranty, even under issues not related to them, so I would definitely recommend going with an authorized dealer.

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I guess I will print out the best prices I can find and go on down to Magnolia Hi Fi and see what I can do. I do need to test them out anyway. I have a strong hunch I will like them. When it comes to a $50-$75 difference in price and from a authorized dealer plus take home on the spot it would be well worth it to pay a few dollars extra.

7. BrentMann

BrentMann Auditioning

I just posted this on another thread, but i'll repeat here so you have another option. soundpros.com

they say honor the klipsch warrenty. i think a pair of rf3's runs around 650 or so w/o shipping (which is usually decent)