klipsch sf1

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Nir, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Nir

Nir Auditioning

Im currently using a pare of jbl HLS 620 and im thinking of replacing them with the synergy series from klipsch.
    i really liked the sound of the SF1 they sound great.

but i need some postive reviews , and bad if there are any about these speakers. this is important since i really am not in a hurry to stash away the HLS620.
    so, do you think these klipsch sf1 are better then the JBL? or should i just stay with them?

10x..

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

I personally like Klipsch speakers and I think the SF-1's are a niec piece. If you can possibly afford a little more the SF-2's a better choice but if not I would definantly jump at a chance for the SF-1's. I think they are a very clear sounding speaker. I haven't heard your JBL so I can't compare but if you think it sounds better go for it.

Not to mention Klipsch uses some of the best parts around... or so it's said and I can't deny that seeing that I have opened there speakers up and even in there cheapest systems have found some very nice high quality components in there.

Also, another thing you will notice about the Klipsch is that they are very efficient, something that isn't common. You will be able to put less energy through this speakers and get the same amount of volume that you might in a different at another power level.

3. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I think the SF-1's are great speakers and will give you a much smoother and detailed sound than the HLS620's.

If you're not familiar with Klipsch, the Refeference line is a higher line than the Synergy. Reference speakers use higher quality speakers, better quality cabinets, come with wood veneer finish, and use better crossover components. I recently listened to some Klipsch RF-15's and it amazed at how good they sounded considering they're around the same price mark as the SF-1/SF-2. Consider this, at Best Buy the SF-1's will cost you $500(plus tax), at www.goodguys.com(an authorized Klipsch dealer) the RF-15's are $600 but they're giving 10% off, free shipping, and there is no sales tax so it will come up to $540 shipped. It would be a much wiser to go this route IMO.

4. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

The Synergy line is very good for the money but if you can spring a little bit more for the Reference line I would highly recommend that route. I had the SF-2's for a short time and traded them in for the RF-3's after I heard them. Big improvement.