Klipsch SF-3 vrs Jbl E60

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Joe*H, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Joe*H

Joe*H Stunt Coordinator

Guys I have to chance to buy a set of sf-3's or e60's for about $250. I can only get one or the other but not both. The e60's are new in the box and the sf-3 are floor models with one of the speakers needing a new grill. which do you think is the better speaker for fronts, any info would be great. Thanks

2. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

all depends on what ur using everywhere else if its surround if its 2ch id get the SF-3's they can take more power and are more sensative and look to cover a wider freq. range and should make a better low end with dual 8's, my dad has SF-2's and besides them being alittle bright they sound good to me.My two cents

3. Himanshu_S

Himanshu_S Stunt Coordinator

It does depend on what ur planning to use them for but I'd take SF-3 any day over E60's. I have F3 which are newer version of SF-3 and like it a lot. My friend has SF-3 and I like that too. There is virtually no difference in sound between SF-3 and F3. They put out a LOT of bass. I'm sure the E60's is good too but I think SF-3 would be better. As pointed out by EvanW, this speakers can take a lots of power. They can get LOUD!

Also, what brand are the other speakers in ur setup? One thing people have said about klipsch speakers is that they don't blend well with other brand of speakers.....however JBL does a good job at this.

4. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

yep, just for a scale here on price the E60's are mid line at bestbuy SF-3 or the F-3's now are top. screens or no screens there better i dont even use the screens myself.

5. Greg Racki

Greg Racki Extra

I actually just had both of those speakers in my house (actualy I had the JBL N38s, which are almost identical to the E60s only older) and in the opinion of all 6 people who heard my make-shift comparison, the Klipsch were far and away the better sounding speakers. Compared to the Klipsch, the JBL's sounded like they were leaving out a lot of the sounds and the vocals sounded like they were coming out of a box. I had always thought my JBLs were great sounding speakers, until I heard the Klipsch.

6. Joe*H

Joe*H Stunt Coordinator

Ok guys, I bought the klipsch, I got them for $252.00 out the door. I had to fight with the store to get them to accept the %30 online coupon I herd about here, but in the end they took it. I hooked them up to my yamaha 2740 receiver ( got at best buy for $118.00 with the coupon) and they sound great. I know I'll get smacked for this but I"m using bose v300 for surround and center channels. As soon as I save up some more money I'll work on the other speakers. I was able to sell my am-500 fronts to fund the new speakers. Also they did have the matching rears and center for the klipsch but after the fight for the sf3 I did not want to try my luck. I'll go back in a couple of days. I love that coupon it has saved me a ton. I let you know how I make out.
    thanks
    Joe