Klipsch setup?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by TommyWMedford, Oct 21, 2004.

1. TommyWMedford

TommyWMedford Stunt Coordinator

Hi all. When I upgrade, I'm thinking of going with a Klipsch Reference setup. My apt is kind of small, so I'm thinking of going with 2 pairs of the RB15's as my fronts and surrounds, and the RC25 center speaker. I'm not sure on what sub to get, but I'm leading toward HSU. I'll be using this mostly for movies, and some general music listening. Will the 15's be ok for movies, or should I go with something a little bigger? What about the receiver? What's a good match for these speakers? I'm listened to the Reference series, and I think they sound very good, at least for movies, but what do you guys think? Are there are other brands I should consider? I'm a Polk guy, but they're not really doing it for me anymore. I think Klipsch sound better, and, to me, they're more detailed, which is what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Denon and H/K go well with Klipsch.

I think if you can swing it, the 25s will serve you better and be a longer lasting decision. There's a fairly big difference in the two.
    __________________________________________________ _____

15>>
    Frequency Response: 70Hz-20kHz±3dB
    Sensitivity: 93dB @ 2.83 volts/1 meter
    Power Handling: 75 watts maximum continuous (300 watts peak)
    Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible. Horn and one 5.25" (13.34cm) magnetically shielded, aluminum cone woofer.
    High Frequency Horn: 5" square 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn
    Dimensions: 6.5" W x 11.5" H x 7.75" D
    Weight: 9 lbs.
    __________________________________________________ ____

25>>
    Frequency Response: 49Hz-20kHz±3dB
    Sensitivity: 94dB @ 2.83 volts/1 meter
    Power Handling: 75 watts maximum continuous (300 watts peak)
    Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible. Tractrix® Horn and one 6.5" (16.51cm) magnetically shielded, aluminum cone woofer.
    Dimensions: 7.5" W x 15.2" H x 9.75" D
    Weight: 14 lbs.

3. Allen_N

Allen_N Stunt Coordinator

I would go the RB-25's as well. They are going to have a much larger range and will work a lot better for movies.

4. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

I just got a Klipsch setup myself. I bought the RB-75 Bookshelves and the RC-35 center. I already had a HSU VTF-3 subwoofer and it matches extremely well with my Klipsch Reference line speakers. I am powering them with a Denon 4802.
    I got the 75's on monday and my center just arrived today. Future plan is to get the matching RS-35 surrounds.
    Man I do love how this Klipsch Horn tweeter sounds. Clear and detailed.

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

G I just got a Klipsch setup myself. I bought the RB-75 Bookshelves and the RC-35 center. I already had a HSU VTF-3 subwoofer and it matches extremely well with my Klipsch Reference line speakers. I am powering them with a denon 4802.
    I got the 75's on monday and my center just arrived today. Future plan is to get the matching RS-35 surrounds.
    Man I do love how this Klipsch Horn tweeter sounds. Clear and detailed.
    __________________________________________________ _____

Holy Moly! Yes, clear and detailed is how I would summarize also. I have the 75s and the 35s along with the the c-7. The 35-C is a real performer.