Klipsch RSW 10 or SVS

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brad Newton, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

for movies. I have a fairly large room, 25'x15' and want a good dependable sub. I am going to purchase the RF3, RC3 & SS1 to go along with probably the Pioneer 45TX. I have no way to listen to the SVS sub - preferably the box type. Can anyone help me out?

2. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I'd choose the SVS, it'll most likely higher output than the RSW-10. The RSW subs sound good but they have very little output down low. The SVS will SLAUGHTER the RSW-10 down low. I'm assuming we're talking about the PB1-ISD.

I put off buying an SVS for a long time because I couldn't demo it. I went through a bunch of subs that cost more than the SVS I purchased. The only regret I have now is that I didn't do it sooner, it would have saved me time and money.

3. MarkMac

MarkMac Stunt Coordinator

Brad, while I don't have experience with the RSW sub, I do have the Klipsch Reference 3 Series speakers with an SVS 20-39PCi. My room is 20x14 with a large opening to the kitchen. I have absolutely no problem with output from the SVS. I've calibrated using AVIA, and I only have the gain on the sub at less that 50%. There's plenty of power to spare, and the performace of the sub is fantastic! I don't think you can go wrong with the SVS. On top of that, if you have any questions re: the sub, you can always contact SVS directly at [email protected]

Their customer service and tech support will floor you.

4. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

I just took the plunge a coule weeks ago and received my SVS 2039PC+ last week. Judging by SVS's product and their incredible customer service I don't see how you could be disappointed. Plus, the only thing you have to risk is the (very reasonable) freight charges.