What's new

Klipsch RSW-10.. best price? (1 Viewer)

TylerCG

Auditioning
I am interested in this sub as it is going to be used in a relatively small room (i.e. bedroom/small living room) and am strictly interested in musical duty. I am under the impression that this sub is quite musical, and has a pretty small footprint, so it seems to fit the bill nicely.

My question is, where is a good place to get this thing without paying the $1000 retail price? I just saw one go for $610 on eBay. I have also seen them advertised for $660 on the internet. Are there better prices out there?

I would look into the SVS subs, as they seem to be a forum favorite, but they appear quite large, and I need something plug-n-play. Also, I'm not sure about their musical ability. Thanks.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
the PB10isd is roughly the same size, well maybe a little bigger. the PB10 is very big in sound. having had the PB10 and the RSW the PB10 out performs the Klipsch and is a heck of a lot cheaper.

Just my opinion
Scott

TylerCG

Auditioning
I didn't even realize SVS had a series of box style subs out. How embarrassing. Well that opens up some new avenues, then. I would certainly consider a comparable SVS sub, which would either be the PB10 or PB12. It seems the PB10 would be more musical, but it's only got one sub whereas the RSW-10 had two. Will the PB10 outperform the Klipsch, having only half the speaker surface area?

ScottCarr

Second Unit
One of the drivers on the RSW is a passive radiator and the other is amplified.

I am trying to sell a PB10 but after taking a day off last week and listening to 9 hours of music and 2 movies with jsut the PB10 (the 2 PCUs were off)I was most impressed. As the days go on without a buyer I am leaning to keeping the PB10.

I had a Klipsch RSW-10 at the beginning of my sub journey. then a PC+2039 was purchased. The PC+ blew away the RSW10.

The PB10 is sweet for music whether it be Diane Krall or Metallica. The PB10 brings out the impact in movies like finding Nemo, Monster Inc, and the Matrix series.

From what I recall the Klipsch did not have what I wanted and hence the PC+2039. After a few SvS upgrade I now have 2 PCUs and 2 PB10s.

For around $480 (with shipping) the PB10 will come with a no hassle 3 year warranty, 45 day no questions asked refund (you pay for ship). Klipsch warranties are not transferrable and if the dealer is not authorized there is no warranty. SvS will take care of you and subsequent owners for 3 years. Anyone every having an issue with any of their products is dealt with quickly and the owner is down for a very short time.

Purchasing something like a sub on ebay could be a hit or miss if there is something wrong.

scott

TylerCG

Auditioning
I am certainly interested in the PB10, as it seems to be praised greatly here. I think it will fit my musical bill just fine, and the price is hard to beat. Plus, it will be used in a bedroom, and then, later, a medium sized living room, so room size should be in my favor. I hope.

Eric C D

Second Unit
I happen to have an SVS and have no qualms recommending them, but if you're just starting your shopping I do think you should look into the Hsu subs as well.

But more than that, since you said "strictly music" and in comparison to the Klipsch RSW-10 I'd suggest you look at sealed subs instead. The two that come to mind are the Onix UFW-10 and the Adire Rava.

Giving you the internet direct options since this is an internet forum...

good luck,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks