What's new

Klipsch RSB-11soundbar issues with Netflix sound. (1 Viewer)

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
A friend of mine recently purchased this soundbar and is using it with his new Sony X900F smart TV. He hooked it up via HDMI (ARC) and he said sound works for everything except the Netflix app. He says he gets no sound from Netflix and has tried every setting under the sun and is having no luck.

What could be the cause of this? I know when I tried using the 5.1 setting of Netflix on my Roku TV that was hooked up to a fairly new Pioneer receiver I kept getting a screeching sound from Netflix. Turned out my receiver couldn't decode DD+ that was being sent to my receiver. I ended up upgrading the receiver and surround works fine.

So could it be that the soundbar isn't able to decode the 5.1 sound coming from Netflix?

We are stumped.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, 5.1 is 5.1, so if you get it working fine from other sources, the soundbar is working. I’d suspect the TV. Maybe it needs a firmware update.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This is a 2.1 soundbar. I'd just run an optical cable from the TV and be done with it.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Friend was talked into upgrading to the next model up so we'll see. I doubt it will work and will have to use optical but he can now add $500 wireless surround speakers to new soundbar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks