Klipsch RF3's Great - Don't like the RC3 - Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack_V, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Jack_V

Jack_V Extra

I'm looking for a HT setup, with a projector as the video source, so I dont have to have a horizontal center.

I like the sound and price of the RF3's but find the matching center does not compare, somewhat limited range and slightly boxy sound...

I thought about getting a pair of RB3's or RB5's to use as the center, but again the sound does not impress.

I'd love to have 3 RF3's across the front but they are too tall.

Anyone else find a great center match for the RF3's or do you grow into the RC3?

2. Marcus Lewis

Marcus Lewis Stunt Coordinator

I have the RC-3 and I think it's a fantastic center mself ... You say yours is boxy and limited in range?

You don't have it in an entertainment center or anything like that do you?

3. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

Have you considered the RC-7? It's a lot better than the RC-3, since it uses a bigger horn and bigger drivers. Unfortunately, it's not a perfect match with the RF-3's. It's more suited for the RF-5 and RF-7, but it should be a very close match.

4. Jack_V

Jack_V Extra

RC7 that's another option, I demoed it, it does sound fuller indeed, but I noticed the specs show different crossover points. Not sure how that factors into matching.

Anyone using the RC7 with RF3s?

5. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

6. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

You can try using 3 RC-7's across the front. They're basically the RF-7's with less bass. Its been done with excellent results and is cheaper than the RF-7's.