Klipsch RF3 trading up to RF7s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary W. Graley, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

I have had the RF3's for a while now, several months or longer, time goes pretty quick! And wondered if moving up to the RF7s would be worth the money? They are a much larger speaker.

My room is about 20'long by 15'deep

I looked over at the Klipsch forum but they're search leaves a lot to be desired so I wanted to check here with you guys and gals...

thanks,

G2

2. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Gary, regardless of their search feature, I'd still go back to the Klipsch forum, register (it only takes a minute), and post your question on their home theater section. Those people over their are real Klipsch afficionados and would be best able to help you, in my opinion. If I do recall correctly, other posters have opined that moving up to the 7's isn't that cost effective. Are you dissatisfied with your 3's or have you just caught that dreaded disease of upgraditis?

3. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

I do not believe that the RF7's would be the best choice. They cost LOTS more then RF3's. RF7's, are ment for people very serious with their systems. around $5000 in amps and preamps may serve them justice.

If I were you, I'd find something else to upgrage.

The Klipsch Forum has lots of people there willing to help you. Have you visited yet??

What do you not like about the RF3's?
    I do not believe that the RF7's would be the best choice. They cost LOTS more then RF3's. RF7's, are ment for people very serious with their systems. around $5000 in amps and preamps may serve them justice.

4. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

I think you may be right, I'm going to go to the audioItis Hospital and have myself checked IN...[​IMG]
    The RF3s are very good, and after more thought, the RF7s might only be BIGGER and not what I'm looking for? I am wanting to upgrade something, the TV upgrade would be nice but unless the one I now have, 27" Sony, I can't see trashing the oak stand that everything rests in...but that is a distant plan of mine to get a nice Monitor...Toshiba maybe...
    I guess I can't think of anything to upgrade, wow is that a step in the right direction?
    Thanks for the thoughts guys, I may post over in the K-Forums later on but will rest on this for a while...upgrade to the RF7s with my RF3's trade in.
    So I'll look around and see what other stuff I might set my eye/ear to.
    G2

5. Sebastien David

Sebastien David Second Unit

keep in mind the RF-7s are not only bigger, they have improvements in the crossover/driver area and their tweeter, especially, is an upgrade compared to the RF-3.

save up, then you could upgrade the video section (a nice projector maybe?)

6. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I think Home Theater Forum should offer a twelve step program to combat this addiction thing. Look, if it interfers with our marriages, alters the way we perceive life and our personal meaning therewithin, and occupies our thoughts to the point where the first thing we want, no strike that, feel we need is to improve our systems, we NEED HELP!!! Luckily, I've seen signs here today of some of us getting past the denial stage. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]